chester taxidermy

artschool

Fox Trail Taxidermy

anyone used them?

i have 4 heads that need boiling and mounted.

EDIT: they are currently not trading

Last edited:
3 roe buck and one goat.
I`ve not done many Roe but a slightly bigger than normal saucepan will suffice. Access to a power hose is handy.
I`m sure there`s a write up about this somewhere on the SD covering skinning, boiling, bleaching and mounting. There is a sense of satisfaction in doing the job yourself and seeing it on your wall.
I can`t comment on the Goat head as I`ve never done one.

Chris, Just find a vessel/pot big enough to rest your item in so that you can get a gentle rolling boil going, with the pedicles clear of the boil, after skinning with a sharp blade, if the heads are reasonably fresh, you can get away with it in the kitchen:-|, watch for flesh breaking away & you will be pretty close to the jet wash stage (gentle), take care to retain any small parts from the nasal cavity if you knock any off, when cool you can pick the remaining bits with a screwdriver etc, on the flip side I know some prefer to leave them out for nature to clean. Steve.:D

Surely you'd need a 'Billy' can for the goat..........sorry couldn't resist it.Anyway,here's what I use for Roe and it works fine,probably 10" across.
Myphoto200070001.jpg

and they come out fine.....
IMG_1408-1.jpg

Martin

Leave goat head in bucket or barrel of water until horns can be pulled off, then boil skull as a deer skull. When everything dry. horns can then be slid back on skull.

cheers. i am coming round to the idea is may be simpler to do it myself.

Back