Thread: Leica HD-B

Leica HD-B

Any body using the new Leica HD-B binos that have the ballistic calculator set up to their calibre of rifle and is it any good out to various ranges, and does it read out in MOA or inches

Thanks in advance Allan

Quote Originally Posted by tika243 View Post
    Any body using the new Leica HD-B binos that have the ballistic calculator set up to their calibre of rifle and is it any good out to various ranges, and does it read out in MOA or inches

Thanks in advance Allan
    I have my HD-Bs set up to my specific load, and to my scope click value. (Change the micro SD card for each different calibre) I press the button, distance is displayed then the scope clicks needed to aim dead on at the given range.

Bins can be set up in metric or imperial and can display many different variants after range has been read.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by N.F.W.M View Post
    I have my HD-Bs set up to my specific load, and to my scope click value. (Change the micro SD card for each different calibre) I press the button, distance is displayed then the scope clicks needed to aim dead on at the given range.

Bins can be set up in metric or imperial and can display many different variants after range has been read.

Ed

As above, it works spot on with my V8 on the .270
    Once you set up the binos to your specific load and caliber is just a matter of a few clicks on the scope and you are dead on the target.

I have 3 chips
    .222 60gr
    .300wm 208gr
    .22lr 40gr subsonics

just stick in the chip

not tested at real range but i have a week in Mull coming up and am going tooled up!
    you can tweak the BC, zero range and MV to get actual drops into the chart and then load onto the chip

i actually have a friend reverse engineering that app to try and get a spreadsheet entry that you can convert to the hex file so it will be bang on
    slow going though!