Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What the "REMAINS" don't want to tell us!

What the "REMAINS" don't want to tell us!

There was public uproar about the leaflet that the "REMAINS" distributed a while ago which cost more than the "LEAVE'S entire campaign budget allowance so I was surprised when this leaflet arrived through the post yesterday.
    I doubt that the "REMAINS" had bargained for this, and at such a strategic time when everything could well hang on the "undecided" votes.
    I'll let you read it and form your own opinions but my mind is made up (And has been foe ages now) and I will be voting "LEAVE"!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails page 1.gif   02.gif   03.gif   04.jpg  
    Last edited by FrenchieBoy; 19-06-2016 at 06:40.

Well played by the leave team, and all true

Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    Well played by the leave team, and all true
    My thoughts exactly, and perfect timing too!

My vote has already gone in as a postal vote - OUT

Lots of thing neither side is clear on but let put the 350 million per week in perspective.

The leaflet quotes a gross spend - but we get money back in various grants and rebates. Actual net cost is 8.5 bn. To put that in perspective the UK spends 12.2 bn on overseas aid - that figure will not reduce if we exit, in fact I can see many of the do gooder charities arguing for it to increase.

Also remember that the likes of Norway ect contribute to the EU coffers in return for trade rights - and have to abide by EU regulation without any representation.

Also note that inward migration per capita is -2 3 times higher in Norway and Iceland than the UK. MIGRATION WILL NOT GO AWAYOUT WITH THE EU

I'm In
    Last edited by slider; 19-06-2016 at 08:20.

Quote Originally Posted by bowji john View Post
    My vote has already gone in as a postal vote - OUT

Mine too!

Quote Originally Posted by slider View Post
    Lots of thing neither side is clear on but let put the 350 million per week in perspective.

The leaflet quotes a gross spend - but we get money back in various grants and rebates. Actual net cost is 8.5 bn. To put that in perspective the UK spends 12.2 bn on overseas aid - that figure will not reduce if we exit, in fact I can see many of the do gooder charities arguing for it to increase.

Also remember that the likes of Norway ect contribute to the EU coffers in return for trade rights - and have to abide by EU regulation without any representation.

Also not that inward migration per capita is -2 3 times higher in Norway and Iceland than the UK. MIGRATION WILL NOT GO AWAYOUT WITH THE EU

I'm In

im not disagreeing with you, but if the above is true, and so simple to outline, why haven't the remain campaign said this? Instead they've played the ridiculous games they (and the leave campaign have played) and confused the masses, myself included! I'm fed up with this and wish that such and important decision which affects us all should have been presented to us clearly and without all the b0ll0cks!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by slider View Post

Also not that inward migration per capita is -2 3 times higher in Norway and Iceland than the UK. MIGRATION WILL NOT GO AWAYOUT WITH THE EU

I'm In

These are important considerations

With an exit we can start having meaningful conversations about where we want to take this country and how we might respond to the pressures of the real world

If we remain in, those conversations will NOT (despite all the talk of being a major player in the EU) repeat NOT be made by us

But by shadowy creatures that really run the EU

We have a democratic choice on Thurs - In my opinion an in vote is a vote to end democracy

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    im not disagreeing with you, but if the above is true, and so simple to outline, why haven't the remain campaign said this? Instead they've played the ridiculous games they (and the leave campaign have played) and confused the masses, myself included! I'm fed up with this and wish that such and important decision which affects us all should have been presented to us clearly and without all the b0ll0cks!
    The remain campaign has put these facts across, but like most of this campaign (and the Scottish Referendum last year) both sides of the discussion have been dominated by spin and negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by bowji john View Post
    These are important considerations

With an exit we can start having meaningful conversations about where we want to take this country and how we might respond to the pressures of the real world

If we remain in, those conversations will NOT (despite all the talk of being a major player in the EU) repeat NOT be made by us

But by shadowy creatures that really run the EU

We have a democratic choice on Thurs - In my opinion an in vote is a vote to end democracy
    If we exit and adopt a Norway type model we will still have to abide by EU regulation on most thinks and have NO say at all - even less democratic than the current situation.