Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cz527-2

cz527-2

Hi All,
    Does someone know what the -2 means on a CZ527-2? I have purchased a secondhand one in .222. Not sure on the model type but it has the sloping stock type.
    Also, i have a tin full of allen keys but none fit the bolts on the mounts which i think are CZ mounts, never seen mounts like them before, any idea on the size needed?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakysniper View Post
    Hi All,
    Does someone know what the -2 means on a CZ527-2? I have purchased a secondhand one in .222. Not sure on the model type but it has the sloping stock type.
    Also, i have a tin full of allen keys but none fit the bolts on the mounts which i think are CZ mounts, never seen mounts like them before, any idea on the size needed?
    Thanks.
    As it's secondhand it's difficult to say. It should have a year on the receiver ring.

My in-the-box factory CZ mounts have slotted bolts. The Czechs use proper screwdrivers.

Yours are probably USA so may have TORX heads.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

The fixings for the mounts might be Torqs?Torx (Apologies to somebody) a sort of star shape. Halfords sell them and guessing (this is a massive guess) probably T8. However you can buy a cheapish set of various sizes.

David.

Hi Guys,
    No they aren't torx, they are definitely allen key heads. I just find it strange that none of my many allen keys won't fit, by fit i mean size wise, not head type. It looks like you can adjust/tighten the bottom bolts from both sides of the mounts too which is something i've never seen before.
    I can see a number by the proof marks, it says 96. So a 1996 model maybe? Could the -2 be the action size/type?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by sneakysniper; 19-06-2016 at 12:55.

Hi Guys,
    No they aren't torx, they are definitely allen key heads. I just find it strange that none of my many allen keys won't fit, by fit i mean size wise, not head type. It looks like you can adjust/tighten the bottom bolts from both sides of the mounts too which is something i've never seen before.
    I can see a number by the proof marks, it says 96. So a 1996 model maybe? Could the -2 be the action size/type?
    Thanks.
    These sound like MILLETT windage-adjustable mounts.... sold widely for CZ and TIKKA. I have a few sets fitted among others

They come with a dedicated Allen head key - probably Imperial, where yours are Metric possibly?
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    These sound like MILLETT windage-adjustable mounts.... sold widely for CZ and TIKKA. I have a few sets fitted among others

They come with a dedicated Allen head key - probably Imperial, where yours are Metric possibly?
    That may be it mate. I've no idea what i have, it's a collection i have built up over the years.

Anymore info on the 527-2 side of things and if it has 96 by the proof mark is that the date of manufacture/proofing? It's in reasonable nick for a 20 year old gun.

Americans use imperial sizes and in 64ths so you need to buy some decent Allen keys. A nephew is into American cars so we "discovered" this issue a few years back.

Anymore info on the 527-2 side of things and if it has 96 by the proof mark is that the date of manufacture/proofing? It's in reasonable nick for a 20 year old gun.
    Probably a Model variant. Email CZ-USA and see if they can answer your question.~Muir

Hi sneakysniper,
    i've been looking for a cheap 527 action for a project and think I looked at the one you have on Gunstar or Guntrader some weeks back.
    i asked what the -2 meant on a couple of US forums, one being a CZ enthusiast group...no one knew the answer so I emailed CZ, never received a reply.
    ken.
    ps. Best guess was that it's a Chinese copy of a CZ. The Chinese copied many guns in the 70s and 80s
    Last edited by kenbro; 21-06-2016 at 17:27. Reason: ps