Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Land Rover Disco Shooting Platform

Land Rover Disco Shooting Platform

I'm thinking about putting some form of platform contraption on the roof of my disco to act as a high seat as there arent too many usefull trees on my permission. I dont want to spend much in the way of money so it will likely be a DIY affair

Anyone have any experience of doing similar? I can be fairly inventive when the need arises but no point recreating the wheel

Pat

I think (without knowing where you want to put it and things) that you would be better off with a Free-standing seat. YOu can leave it there so the deer will get used to it, an then visit when they are fully accustomed to it IMO/Experiance if a buck sees a Landy in a field that isnt normally there he will avoid it like the plague.

But you might just proove me wrong.

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Talk to Finbear270 he has one on his landrover.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    Talk to Finbear270 he has one on his landrover.
    sikadog

Having seen it on Sunday I think you mean "he has a shooting platform with a landrover attachment"

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

LOL. Ive got a mental image of me on a deck chair on top of the Disco, possibly a beer in hand, very civilised.

If it has twin sunroofs remove the rear seat, this will make access to rear roof area easier, then adapt the roof so you can flip it open - pop up and shoot standing / using roof as "rest".

That way you dont have to make any major alterations and you have the elevated position.

Willie-Gun
    The first time I went to his place I asked him if the fence kept the animals out or in.
    Keith
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Quote Originally Posted by WiltsPat View Post
    LOL. Ive got a mental image of me on a deck chair on top of the Disco, possibly a beer in hand, very civilised.
    Good idea but if I pop up through the sunroof you will need the fire brigade to get me free

Having had a couple of Disco's, I would lean towards Redmist's thinking, as my current Landie's attachment would be thoroughly unsuitable for your needs, I did toy with the idea of altering a bycycle rack fitment, (with a small amount of strengthening), or even something that I have seen hauling a single motocrosser in similar fashion, I have also used the folding type high seat (laddertype), afixed to a wheel clamp on one of the rear wheels!, worked really well that one!.... a couple of views of the current buggy, with one of the many others!(outside toenails 'R' us!.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Some great ideas here, and i empathise with Jimbo...it would require a bit of greasing up to get me thru that sunroof

Because I do as much foxing as Stalking my view was to have some form of solid platform sat on top of the roof rails but sat behind the IR Lamps that Ive got.

I sense a "Pimp my Disco" project coming on, got to have something to fill in the gaps between shooting and sleeping lol