Thread: Petition to abandon EU vote

Petition to abandon EU vote

There is a petition running nationally to abandon the EU referendum as a result of the savage killing of Jo Cox.
    I wonder how, awfully tragic though it is, the murder of Jo Cox should precipitate this. I dont think she would be pleased - she valued free speech apparently and challenged anyone who didnt agree with her view. A classic Yorkshire lass, whatever her politics, I think she would regard such a move as cynical. I could be wrong however.

To let those who use terror or violence alter the way we govern ourselves is to give such acts and people some legitimacy. I am totally fed up with everyone and sundry spouting off about the referendum and wish it was over, but terror and acts of violence should NEVER be a reason to do such a thing. I didn't really know Jo Cox at all, but I suspect she would agree.

Whatever the outcome of the referendum does anyone seriously believe that it will be the end of the matter?

If there is to be petition doing the rounds it should be one that requires are PM to resign if the vote is for leave?

Really! You mean someone is trying to make political gain out a a senseless death! I've never heard of such a thing happening before.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by long_range_rob View Post
    Really! You mean someone is trying to make political gain out a a senseless death! I've never heard of such a thing happening before.
    Sadly yes and its up to 50,000 signatories - for comparison thats 5 times the number who see the EU's gun proposals as wrong, and about 4/5 times the number more than the clause 81 petition to have a statutory consultee on the FELWG, determining the HO Guidance and thus the law.

Apathy will kill the sport.
    Last edited by kes; 20-06-2016 at 15:24. Reason: Spelling