Thread: Any updates from BASC ?

Any updates from BASC ?

I believe the Council Meeting was the 18th at which new members (and Chairman) were elected and possibly some news disseminated ?
    I have heard nothing and no minutes are publicly available AFAIAA. Anyone got an update?
    Since this matter affects all of shooting, I thought we would have heard something by now ?
    Thanks

Peter Glenser was elected as chairman of BASC at a council meeting following the association’s Annual General Meeting in Chester on Saturday 18th June.John Thornley was elected as vice-chairman and Oliver McCullough was elected chairman of the executive and finance committee

Kes, are you a member? If not why the huge interest? If you see BASC as so important shouldn't you be a member?

David.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari View Post
    Kes, are you a member? If not why the huge interest? If you see BASC as so important shouldn't you be a member?

David.
    I'm not currently a member but was, now NGO, would like to be again if they get any act together. Irrespective of who you are with, BASC is important, is it not?
    To be interested only if you are a member is not the way I and perhaps others see it, nor wise overall I suggest. Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    Anyone got an update?
    I spoke with one of the council members who resigned / was "sacked" (you choose which) during the episode in question, but he didn't volunteer any information.
    I attended a meeting at which I was expecting a BASC member of staff to attend but he didn't show up or send apologies or contact me prior to the meeting (as he usually does).
    I have emailed BASC and had no reply.

So in response to your question, kes, it looks like the answer's no!
    As a member, and insured through BASC, I would've liked to have been better informed.

Quote Originally Posted by VSS View Post
    I spoke with one of the council members who resigned / was "sacked" (you choose which) during the episode in question, but he didn't volunteer any information.
    I attended a meeting at which I was expecting a BASC member of staff to attend but he didn't show up or send apologies or contact me prior to the meeting (as he usually does).
    I have emailed BASC and had no reply.

So in response to your question, kes, it looks like the answer's no!
    As a member, and insured through BASC, I would've liked to have been better informed.

Thank you for the straight answer.

It could be that legal action is being taken in the form of redundancy and therefore neither side will be giving anything away. Or there could be a compromise deal in which the employee/s have a gagging order put on them before receiving their package?

Either way I hope that BASC turn a corner and look to their grass roots and where they came from.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    It could be that legal action is being taken in the form of redundancy and therefore neither side will be giving anything away. Or there could be a compromise deal in which the employee/s have a gagging order put on them before receiving their package?

Either way I hope that BASC turn a corner and look to their grass roots and where they came from.
    I agree with this sentiment - I would like to rejoin but ..........