Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much per Acre ?

How much per Acre ?

As a rule of thumb how much would one expect to pay for the stalking on 1500 acres of mainly arable land but with approx 300 acres of woodland in a number of small blocks.
    Deer are predominantly Roe & Sika

Location Southern England

Top price I would imagine .............

Its all about supply and demand and if there is plenty of stalkers jostling to get their hands on some stalking then the price could be high,
    You can look at it in several ways , If you haven't any land of your own then this would give you the opportunity to go when ever you wanted
    which is worth a lot of money , if you went 10 days stalking somewhere then that would cost you the best part of 2k , or I was told that a
    price could be anywhere from 1 to 3.50 per acre, you have to make an assessment as to how many deer you are expecting to cull and what price you put on
    that and the freedom to do that anytime you wanted, but my advice is don't let it slip through your hands as permissions are hard to come by.

Good Luck

if put out on the open market this will easily go for thousands especially if its holding sika if you know the land owner keep it under your hat and dont let anyone know its up for grabs or you may soon find yourself paying a lot just to keep it, as to what its actualy worth to you personaly its obviously going to depend on what deer your going to take from it each year and if you want to recoupe your money or if your happy that the hobby of deer stalking is going to cost you

Depending on where in southern England, but as example 350 acres with Fallow and Sika not far from me has just made just short of 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by Home Loader View Post
    Depending on where in southern England, but as example 350 acres with Fallow and Sika not far from me has just made just short of 10k.
    Is this rumour or fact and how long was the lease for, did it include all sporting rights,
    Anything over a a acre and I would sooner give up stalking if it was deer only.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Is this rumour or fact and how long was the lease for, did it include all sporting rights,
    Anything over a a acre and I would sooner give up stalking if it was deer only.
    Fact as far as I'm aware! Foreign clients, sorry should have said per year and no other rights just deer. This is the second time he has managed this sort of figure.

Was there not a wood up borders way that went for 9 an acre with sika. Was sure i heard that and that was a few years ago.

I would imagine the sky could be the limit when down south

I wonder if we vote out the continentals that drive up prices may have to rethink?

A while back I shot woods in Dorset where the neighboring farmer let the shooting on his fields to a couple of Belgians for an inordinate sum, I don't think they were too happy when we removed their high seats from our trees though.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by long_range_rob View Post
    I wonder if we vote out the continentals that drive up prices may have to rethink?

A while back I shot woods in Dorset where the neighboring farmer let the shooting on his fields to a couple of Belgians for an inordinate sum, I don't think they were too happy when we removed their high seats from our trees though.
    You should have charged them rent for the seat.