Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starter .243.. What have you got?

Starter .243.. What have you got?

Hi all,

As the title suggests I'm after my first dear rifle. I had something like a Tika M65 / T3 in mind but I'm open to suggestions. Has anyone got something theyre looking to part with? I have cash and a free slot waiting.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    got a almost new bergara b14 .243 with a hardy gen V moderator, both new at the British shooting show, only fired 30 rounds and they are for sale at just 700 plus shipping to,your rfd.

it will have the rings and basses but no scope or bipod, and the wife's car will need the garage,

only selling due to health issues and no longer stalking.

regards

bob.
    Last edited by bobjs; 21-06-2016 at 06:57.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I have a tikka t3 hunter, considering parting with it after the 17th July (I want to do my DSC1 with it), could that work for you?

Fine options above, but if you are otherwise inclined, the T-3 Lite. Guaranteed accurate and carries like a dream.~Muir
    (must you have a 243?? So many other fine options, like 7mm-08 or 308)

Mauser m12 impact a fantastic rifle for the money.

Savage 99 5 shot rotary mag. 25" barrel 1" groups at 100m.
    Smooth accurate fast.

I have a tikka t3 laminate s/s 243+ ase utra sl5 moderator which have both fired under 30 rounds ,it has not been used because of illness in family.pm me if interested
    Last edited by TURNBOLT; 22-06-2016 at 15:52.

Quote Originally Posted by swifturn View Post
    I have a tikka t3 laminate 243 which has fired under 30 rounds ,it has not been used because of illness in family.pm me if interested
    Cracking rifle this, just what your after.

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Fine options above, but if you are otherwise inclined, the T-3 Lite. Guaranteed accurate and carries like a dream.~Muir
    (must you have a 243?? So many other fine options, like 7mm-08 or 308)
    I'm with Muir on this one. Have you already got the .243 slot? If not why don't you consider something a little bigger?

The only reason i say it is because you will spend a fair amount on it by the time you're done and it is only really the scope you can keep if you change in a year or two. 308 is such a great round and is available everywhere, just like .243. You will never NEED to change for anything else for UK quarry.
    It has been done too many times for me to say that .243 can't take all uk quarry, it is clearly capable of it, however why hamstring yourself.

Anyway, that is just my thoughts. If you already have the slot and/or you mind is made up please disregard my last and consider a T3, weatherby vanguard, or a Howa 1500 (but not with the hogue stock)
    Any Questions Feel Free to PM me

I have used the 7mm-08 it will do everything the .308 will do but with a better choice of bullets,
    Its also more versatile for all U.k. game.
    In my humble opinion say's Huriagh Heape.