Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George cross petition?

George cross petition?

Anyone have a link for the petition to award a George Cross to the pensioner who tried to defend Jo Cox MP?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

sad and brave but a GC ?

I think maybe unarmed policemen have been treated thus in the past?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Why a petition ? There has not been an honours list published since the incident. And I'm afraid this is not the way our honours system should work. I'm sure their are equally deserving individuals who through lack of media coverage will not have a petition supporting them.

I wasn't suggesting a petition, I hear one is up & running, the guy in question is aged 77, & other more able individuals turned the other cheek!

sadly its due to his age that he came to her aid ? we live in a world that is far less willing to help someone in need than most of us grow up in

Irregardless of who turned the other cheek why petition for it? When in due course he most likeley will be recognized in the honours list.
    It is unfortunate that others stood by and did nothing. I am fairly confident that a citation will have been written to support this incident. And therefore the man in questions actions will be recognized.

SD Regular
    What next? Giving out GCs and GMs with every 1lb of tea bought?
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 21-06-2016 at 22:13.

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    What next? Giving out GCs and GMs with every 1lb of tea bought?

Did he buy some tea?

SD Regular
    My late father was cited for the GC in WWII...didn't get it...I can assure all that the GC "benchmark" is set very high.