Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scottish air rifles for the melting pot

Scottish air rifles for the melting pot

More than 1,100 air weapons were handed in across Highlands and Islands as part of a national campaign, coming second only to neighbouring North East division, where the total number of weapons reached 1,562.

A further 211 weapons have been handed in across the Highlands and Islands since the campaign came to a close on 12th June. The photo belows shows some of the air weapons handed in across the divisions would still be able to receive weapons up until the end of the year.

From our rifle club's fb page. john (Total 12,569 for the whole of Scotland)

Attachment 71353
    Last edited by Highlandsjohn; 22-06-2016 at 10:08.

I actually find that sight quite upsetting. All those rifles that have in all probability damaged little more than a tin can in all their years consigned to the scrapyard. Long live the SNP and Scottish Democracy, hey?
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    I actually find that sight quite upsetting. All those rifles that have in all probability damaged little more than a tin can in all their years consigned to the scrapyard. Long live the SNP and Scottish Democracy, hey?

+1 mate what a waste!!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

I'm sure my old webley vulcan is in there - would love to have a rummage!
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    Have a pal who is a blacksmith. Years ago he had the contract to destroy/cut up all the firearms handed in or confiscated.

I was in the workshop with him one day as he was destroying a pile of them,under the watchful eye of the bobbies.
    I had to leave saying I couldn't do it.
    Quite sickening all those lovely old, and not so old, firearms,chopped up...john

I can see a scope on one of them... Why don't they ship the to the states, if they got ten bucks each thats 120,000, instead they're paying someone to chop em up..
    pretty crazy.

There are some scopes in there for the chop as well.

What a waste.

Well I feel safer already! Not.

Utter stupidity and quite sickening the 'spin' being put on this by Police Scotland high-ups. I use that phrase specifically as I know ( and am genuinely thankful - seriously ) there still remain a diminishing vanguard of officers with integrity and common sense who will feel the same but are effectively gagged.

At least we are all taking a few minutes to write to whatever media publish this propagander and point out justr a few factual observations/ flaws in pictures, statements and reportage - with a copy to our MSP with a note that they have a substantial journey to regain our trust and vote - it's great that we are all doing that.... ?...... hello?

Will the historic muzzleloaders, archers and then likely darts players - whichever is the last one out - please turn off the light.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Oh6 View Post
    There are some scopes in there for the chop as well.

What a waste.
    This quite rightly pisses us off when we see it. This stuff goes on all the time, your eyes would water if you saw what the police and military dispose of all the time behind closed doors.
    What I referred to in an earlier post included everything attached to the firearms, including hardwood cases, slips, scopes, everything into the melting pot.

If there is any lesson to be learned here, make sure your family know what to do with that old rifle worth 150.00 with the 2,000.00 scope on top,because if it ends up with the police they won't be looking for a tork key...... john

I thought they looked like sporting arms. Not weapons
    Last edited by finnbear270; 22-06-2016 at 19:26.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!