Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BBC Game Fair

BBC Game Fair

Just had an invite to buy tickets for this show, will I be going, no chance.
    How many feel the same way?
    How's your end of the gene pool today?

Must be another BBC side-line using license payers money.

So recently we have colluding with the police and chartering a helicopter for a raid on Cliff Richards house.
    Hiring out Wembley arena for a TV debate
    And now running a county fair.

It would be handy if they done the job they are paid for and gave us unbiased TV programmes. That cant seem to do that either.

BBC game fair.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

it would be interesting to see their take on things

Yes it's going to be very different set of customers to the normal game fairs,
    UKDTR is going to be there with the NGO,GWCT,Brights seeds,game dealers association and many more,not sure if BASC are going?

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

Quote Originally Posted by cookingfat View Post
    Yes it's going to be very different set of customers to the normal game fairs,
    UKDTR is going to be there with the NGO,GWCT,Brights seeds,game dealers association and many more,not sure if BASC are going?
    Perhaps that's the right way to go - challenge perceived prejudices on their home turf similar if you like to the RSPB at the last CLA. After all you have to speak to people if you want to educate them.
    I think that many shooters actually see prejudice when it doesn't exist, just ignorance. A bit like inverted snobbery if you like.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

billh, should this be in fact The BBC are Fair Game!

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Perhaps that's the right way to go - challenge perceived prejudices on their home turf similar if you like to the RSPB at the last CLA. After all you have to speak to people if you want to educate them.
    I think that many shooters actually see prejudice when it doesn't exist, just ignorance. A bit like inverted snobbery if you like.
    +1 to that

This is a prime opportunity for shooting organisations to directly target people who are usually inaccessible. We all know the importance of shooting to wildlife, its value the economy, that shooters are often amongst the most upstanding and friendly of communities. But the attitude I most often encounter with non-shooting people is one of total ignorance. They aren't inherently against shooting, but they know literally nothing about it. People sometimes stop to ask me what I'm doing with my dog (out training) and they're totally fascinated when I tell them.
    It's easy to be against something, or indifferent to its plight, when you know nothing about it. But if we, as a collective, can get shooting out there onto the radar of the 'mainstream" population then maybe we stand more chance of getting our voices heard next time they're proposing a ban, or hiking up licencing fees, or the press are harping on about toffs in tweed, or whatever else. People will believe the negative anti message if it's all they ever hear.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSimon View Post
    +1 to that

This is a prime opportunity for shooting organisations to directly target people who are usually inaccessible. We all know the importance of shooting to wildlife, its value the economy, that shooters are often amongst the most upstanding and friendly of communities. But the attitude I most often encounter with non-shooting people is one of total ignorance. They aren't inherently against shooting, but they know literally nothing about it. People sometimes stop to ask me what I'm doing with my dog (out training) and they're totally fascinated when I tell them.
    It's easy to be against something, or indifferent to its plight, when you know nothing about it. But if we, as a collective, can get shooting out there onto the radar of the 'mainstream" population then maybe we stand more chance of getting our voices heard next time they're proposing a ban, or hiking up licencing fees, or the press are harping on about toffs in tweed, or whatever else. People will believe the negative anti message if it's all they ever hear.
    Very well put and + 1 to what you say
    i shall be there with the NGO as a keeper,stalker and dog person talking to people who as you rightly say I probaley wouldn't encounter normally,
    shooting on the whole is a minoirty within the UK population but it's contribution it brings to the countryside is massive so it right that the shooting organitions should be at this show,
    hopefuly we can biuld a few bridges and change a few minds showing people that it's not all as Chris Packem portrays!

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service