Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying a new scope

Buying a new scope

I'm thinking of buying a new scope for my new rifle but there's so many to choose from my brain is in melt down I want a 30mm tube, illuminated ret and dialable with quality glass but my price range is about 600 any info would be appreciated. I've been looking at the Vortex pst but I don't like the reticules and also the Delta Titanium 2.5-1556 HD Illuminated 4a SF Riflescope which I like but I'm unsure of it as I've never heard of anyone using these or if there any good on a 308.

thanks in advance
    chris

Hi Chris.. I've a Delta Titanium 2.5-1556 HD on my 22-250.. It's a cracking bit of kit, especially for the price. Glass is spot on, up there with scopes a lot more expensive. Ok, it's not a Zeiss HT, I've one of them on my 308. But like I said, they are at least three times the price.. It's a bit heavy and when wound right up, eye relief isn't the best.. For the money you're wanting to spend, I think you would be very happy. I know I am. It is a replacement for a Zeiss Duralyt and I've no regrets.. Or you could always get a second hand Duralyt and have a great scope and save some cash. Have a look on Youtube for a review on the Delta, thats what clinched it for me.. Hope this helps.

cjs

cjs

thank you for the info on the delta I've been looking on you tube and I was impressed with it but as you can imagine theirs so many on the market I find it hard to decide which one is for me, the Zeiss would be lovely to have I must admit . I was also looking at the Viper HD but one its out of my price range and two it weighs in at 3lb in weight which is ridiculous, I guess i'll keep looking for now.

cheers
    chris

Leupold VXR, very good glass, decent choice of reticules and unlimited lifetime warranty. I have one of these, and to be honest it is really very good. It makes you wonder why we spend so much on high end scopes. I have a 12x50 VXR and a 12x50 S&B Zenith, the Zenith is better at last light but only just, we are talking a few minutes extra at most. and it was 3 times the price.
    These guys ship to the UK, i have bought from them in the past, convert to and add 20% for an idea of cost..
    Leupold 111249, VX-R Riflescope, 4-12x50mm, Ballistic FireDot Illuminated Reticle

I have a leupold vx3i and its on my .308, it suits my shooting perfectly and great value.
    So if budget is a concern this punches above its price bracket, look up some revues.
    This is a link to the same scope as mine but can be got slightly cheaper
    Leupold 170704 VX 3i 4 5 14x50mm Duplex Reticle Riflescope | eBay

Happy shopping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a zeiss Conquest HD5 5-25x50 worth the money
    Last edited by Tikka.222; 23-06-2016 at 00:17.

Quote Originally Posted by bob tail View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a new scope for my new rifle but there's so many to choose from my brain is in melt down I want a 30mm tube, illuminated ret and dialable with quality glass but my price range is about 600 any info would be appreciated. I've been looking at the Vortex pst but I don't like the reticules and also the Delta Titanium 2.5-1556 HD Illuminated 4a SF Riflescope which I like but I'm unsure of it as I've never heard of anyone using these or if there any good on a 308.

thanks in advance
    chris
    Have noticed that everyone seems to want a 30mm tube on their scopes now and am wondering why this is?

What is the advantage of a 30mm tube?

Quote Originally Posted by Conure View Post
    Have noticed that everyone seems to want a 30mm tube on their scopes now and am wondering why this is?

What is the advantage of a 30mm tube?
    More adjustment range (if you need it, that is...)

To throw something else into the mix, have you thought to look at the Hawke Endurance range? I have the 8 x 56 on my .270 and swear by it. It's under half the price of the Delta scopes, too. Worth a look, at least?
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care