Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Game Fair - CANCELLED

UK Game Fair - CANCELLED

For those wondering which game fair to go to...

UK GAME FAIR CANCELS – AND BACKS THE GAME FAIR AT RAGLEY HALL After careful consideration and considering the needs of the industry, the UK Game Fair, organized... by Blaze Publishing, has taken the very difficult decision to call off the event at Stoneleigh scheduled for July.

It is clear that the industry wants and needs a single, large-scale event where their interests can be best served and that event will be The Game Fair, Ragley Hall, Warwickshire on 29-31 July 2016.

Blaze is in the process of agreeing terms with The Game Fair to honour all visitor tickets sold to date. In addition, exhibitors will also be offered placement at The Game Fair and terms and conditions for this are being drawn up with all due haste.

Wes Stanton said: “While I’m massively disappointed, I realise that this is the right decision. It is already a packed summer event calendar and having worked in this market for over 20 years I believe this is the best way forward for everyone.”

James Gower, MD of The Game Fair, stated: “It’s important that we do all we can to ensure as few people and businesses as possible are affected by this news. We are working with the Stoneleigh team to make sure we can welcome all ticket holders and exhibitors to The Game Fair at Ragley Hall this summer.”

The team will be in touch with all affected parties in the next 24-72 hours. If you need to get in touch with us before you hear from us, please email gamefair@blazepublishing.co.uk.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

A turn-up for the books, indeed.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Thanks for the heads up me and my wife and another have booked somewhere to stay near stoneleighits nice that they gave everyone plenty of warning, some bright spark thought that one up

I have received an email about the tickets I purchased for the UK Game fair (see in bold below) and am now a little concerned as due to work I won't be able to attend the proposed replacement game fair at Ragley Hall. The email does not mention refund only replacement, hence my concern.

The ticket(s) you bought for the UK Game Fair will be replaced with tickets for the same duration for The Game Fair – you will receive an email very shortly with full details.

Has anyone else received any additional information regarding full refund for purchased tickets?

Thankfully I was able to cancel my hotel booking at no cost.

ATB 243 Stalker.

I understand the standard tickets will be honoured at the thegamefair, all other VIP type tickets need to be refunded, and new tickets purchased.

Snafu
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 243 Stalker View Post
    I have received an email about the tickets I purchased for the UK Game fair (see in bold below) and am now a little concerned as due to work I won't be able to attend the proposed replacement game fair at Ragley Hall. The email does not mention refund only replacement, hence my concern.Has anyone else received any additional information regarding full refund for purchased tickets?

ATB 243 Stalker.
    243 Stalker's question does not appear to have been answered. The offer of entry to the Game Fair, being held one week later, is not of equal value if it is impossible for the ticket holder to get to the event. I assume the UK Game Fair organisers are legally obliged to refund ticket holders in full, although they appear to be ducking the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    I assume the UK Game Fair organisers are legally obliged to refund ticket holders in full, although they appear to be ducking the issue.
    They'll obviously steer as many people as they can towards the Ragley Game Fair -probably a condition of the agreement between them- before they start refunding. I suspect the VIP packages require a refund-and-new-purchase because they are different in content.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Just an update, I had not received any further communication about a refund so I rang the number on the website. After a brief chat it transpires that you have to register your request for a refund, then in a couple of days you will receive a phone call regarding a refund. I was a bit perplexed as to why my credit card could not just be credited with the ticket cost there an then but was told that's the procedure.
    I wonder how long I will have to wait for the call and then be credited the ticket cost, they have had my money for three months already!

Don't forget if you need a refund for your ticket/s give them a call and register, otherwise you will just receive replacement tickets for the Ragley fair.

ATB 243 Stalker.

I purchased VIP tickets for UK game fare and booked accom accordingly. Will be going to Ragley Hall Game Fare but as yet received no communication regarding replacement tickets. I have lost my original accom fee as unable to cancel and refund, spent another £140 re-booking accom. I understand I will have to purchase VIP tickets again without the discount this time.....bit peeved to say the least.
    Sniper quote: Why run you will only die tired.