Thread: Do UKSHA and UKDTR need their own forum sections

Do UKSHA and UKDTR need their own forum sections

Hi

So, the UKSHA sticky thread now has 233 replies and the UKDTR thread has 77; both threads have now been running for about 2 years and cover a wide variety of topics and events, and I think it would be easier to follow the activities of these worthy organisation if these posts were posted as individual threads in their own area under the Deer dogs & tracking section...what do other think?

I hope that this suggestion isn't to much of a pain for the admins and I apologise is this is not the correct way of raising suggestions like this one.

Cheers,

Siggy

I don't think so.

If they want or need their own forum they can set one up on another site.

They are just organisations like any other, should BASC get it's own section? The Deer Initiative? the NGO?

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy View Post
    Hi

So, the UKSHA sticky thread now has 233 replies and the UKDTR thread has 77; both threads have now been running for about 2 years and cover a wide variety of topics and events, and I think it would be easier to follow the activities of these worthy organisation if these posts were posted as individual threads in their own area under the Deer dogs & tracking section...what do other think?

I hope that this suggestion isn't to much of a pain for the admins and I apologise is this is not the correct way of raising suggestions like this one.

Cheers,

Siggy
    Good idea as lots more members are getting tracking dogs and interested in the tracking side of things. The section doesn't have to be UHSHA or UKDTR specific, just tracking and dogs as you suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    , just tracking and dogs as you suggest.
    But that's what this section is... I'm with jubnut...

It's easy to see anything you want it's all under the deer dogs and tracking section quite simple to follow as it is thanks .
    we specifically asked for a sticky all that time ago for relevent methods to be in one place, which as it stands is, if anyone want to post in the deer dogs section they can, atb Wayne
    Last edited by mereside; 23-06-2016 at 07:50.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

At this point in time I see little sense in there being another section on the site to cover the 2 dog tracking organisations.

I should point out that Admin fully support the efforts of these dedicated people and are happy for them to use the site as a means of direct communication with the members of the site. I should also point out that as this site is an open forum, other non site members also have access to the information given out by the two tracking organisations, so it is open to all.

If in the future we find the need for a further separate section we would be happy to discuss this and no doubt support their wishes.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    At this point in time I see little sense in there being another section on the site to cover the 2 dog tracking organisations.

I should point out that Admin fully support the efforts of these dedicated people and are happy for them to use the site as a means of direct communication with the members of the site. I should also point out that as this site is an open forum, other non site members also have access to the information given out by the two tracking organisations, so it is open to all.

If in the future we find the need for a further separate section we would be happy to discuss this and no doubt support their wishes.
    Thank to all for giving this suggestion consideration. I still don't think having such long threads is a good idea, new topics should have new subject headers, but this is only my opinion and I respect the stance taken by the parties who are directly involved.

kind regards

Mark