Thread: EU Firearms directive proposal

Established Poster
    Southern Burgundy, France and the UK a few times per year

EU Firearms directive proposal

I know this has been talked about already but let's keep it up high in our efforts to overthrow these misguided proposals that call for more regulation for honest, legal shooters who believe these laws will lead to less terrorism.

I would like to see sports shooters and hunters get together and take a strong stance against this EU meddling.

Full details can be found here, http://firearms-united.com/

Please get all friends onboard and fight for our rights.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by tramblygoat View Post
    I know this has been talked about already but let's keep it up high in our efforts to overthrow these misguided proposals that call for more regulation for honest, legal shooters who believe these laws will lead to less terrorism.

I would like to see sports shooters and hunters get together and take a strong stance against this EU meddling.

Full details can be found here, http://firearms-united.com/

Please get all friends onboard and fight for our rights.

Thanks in advance for your support.
    Might not be an issue on Friday?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Vote with your feet......easy!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Might not be an issue on Friday?

Don't you believe it!

Irrespective of whatever way the vote goes, any 'additional' sticks that the UK Government can pull from the EU pile in order to beat UK shooters with will be brandished.

It's already started with the implementation of additional controls on deactivated firearms that have previously been decommisioned to acceptable UK standards - and without any form of compensation to those who own them!

Might be a double edged sword though as re-enacters will be less burdened by just obtaining an FAC for a 'real' SMLE and taking it abroad on an EFP!

https://ukshootingnews.wordpress.com...eu-de-ac-regs/

Despite already having possibly (probably?) the most draconian firearms legislation in the world, another one likely to be retained to keep us all in check would be 5 year validity on FAC/SGC. It's in the EU proposals for all states so I can't see our legislators extending the life of our certificates - despite BASC's apparent acceptance of many other burdens on shooters in the quest for the holy grail of 10 year certificates.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post

Irrespective of whatever way the vote goes, any 'additional' sticks that the UK Government can pull from the EU pile in order to beat UK shooters with will be brandished.

So true, and the same thinking can be applied to many other activities as well.

We are a soft target as we have too much division to pull together and fight our own corner.Politicians love easy publicity and anything anti firearms is instant newsprint time for the men who would be king
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed