Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I suppose the sun is shining

I suppose the sun is shining

Well what a result!

crashing through the floor. Markets are crashing hard. We have down rated by the credit agencies. Business will take a really hard knock as uncertainty is not what is needed.

All our toys have just 20% more expensive. We won't need European Firearms Passes as we won't have the funds to go to Europe.

Immigration on problem has been solved overnight - why would any body now want to come here.

A colleague just recounted words from Enoch Powell - breaking a treaty is a declaration of war.

We can't expect any favourable treatment from our former friends.

With friends like them who needs enemies

Knee jerk reaction which we all knew wa's obviously going to happen
    Let the dust settle and I'm confident we will rise from the Ashes
    Regards to all fellow countrymen
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Sterling has already recovered 5% - and it ain't 10am yet.

All market-makers BS and what the Bank of England Governor said an hour ago in support of the markets & Sterling should have been said before the Referendum. Another political puppet.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Yep. We managed just fine in the Common Market, and since '73 we've seen nothing but recession after recession, and to top it all we've seen zero help during the Falklands Conflict, constantly-shifting goalposts from the French, Germans and Italians during the Panavia Tornado re-equipping fiasco, and practically zero bloody help from the rest of Europe during the Gulf Conflicts, Afghanistan, Syria, etc. On top of that we've had Brussels telling us which horses we can and can't eat, how our bananas and cucumbers should look, how powerful our vacuum cleaners/light bulbs/toasters, etc should be, and even that small children are prohibited from blowing up bloody balloons.

I don't know how things will pan out, to be honest. But one thing I'm sure of, we have enough idiots in this country's government to deal with first, before we continue to hand over nearly 30 billion a year for some other countrys idiots to tell us what we should be doing
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    Well what a result!

crashing through the floor. Markets are crashing hard. We have down rated by the credit agencies. Business will take a really hard knock as uncertainty is not what is needed.

All our toys have just 20% more expensive. We won't need European Firearms Passes as we won't have the funds to go to Europe.

Immigration on problem has been solved overnight - why would any body now want to come here.

A colleague just recounted words from Enoch Powell - breaking a treaty is a declaration of war.

You're a bundle of good cheer this morning mate!

Edit: Anyhow, the sun isn't shining here, it's just starting to rain!
    Last edited by FrenchieBoy; 24-06-2016 at 08:57.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    You're a bundle of good cheer this morning mate!

You self employed?
    Own your own business?
    Doing anything that involves moving large sums of money around either your own or on behalf of others?

No?

well here's a snap shot of my morning, since 630 am my phone has not stopped pinging and ringing

Projects for the next 6-9m put on hold - no indication if they will go live this year
    Deals in play that were expected to be smooth and signed off today - on hold - an immediate 25k impact on my bottom line.
    Meetings in the diary for today for final stage discussions - postponed
    Client Companies now focused on running "Brexit Fire-drills" to implement plans that no-one considered the country would be stupid enough to vote themselves into
    Those are four separate companies, one US, one EU, one one Japanese and one UK.

A colleague has just taken his house off the market and pulled out of a house purchase as he is genuinely concerned about his earnings in the next 12m.

You want me to stand alongside the Brexiters and congratulate them?
    Well done, no really...well done.

Voluntarily voting for a ****ing recession...genius

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    Well what a result!

Small price to pay, were you writing this stuff for cameron and his crew.

It's over now relax and try not to buy anything that has an inflated price on it for a couple of days...

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    You self employed?
    Own your own business?
    Doing anything that involves moving large sums of money around either your own or on behalf of others?

No?

well here's a snap shot of my morning, since 630 am my phone has not stopped pinging and ringing

Projects for the next 6-9m put on hold - no indication if they will go live this year
    Deals in play that were expected to be smooth and signed off today - on hold - an immediate 25k impact on my bottom line.
    Meetings in the diary for today for final stage discussions - postponed
    Client Companies now focused on running "Brexit Fire-drills" to implement plans that no-one considered the country would be stupid enough to vote themselves into
    Those are four separate companies, one US, one EU, one one Japanese and one UK.

A colleague has just taken his house off the market and pulled out of a house purchase as he is genuinely concerned about his earnings in the next 12m.

You want me to stand alongside the Brexiters and congratulate them?
    Well done, no really...well done.

Voluntarily voting for a ****ing recession...genius
    +1 - just had one guy who works for me (who voted out) phone and ask 'so what does that mean for me
    now?'
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Sorry to hear of your problems Brewsher, some of this will be a knee jerk reaction and I hope things calm down and people think more sanely soon. You have an added problem about another referendum in Scotland which will add to your problems.

Best of luck, David.