Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sturgeon again!

Sturgeon again!

Sturgeon is crowing about another referendum, she wants independence from UK, but not from EU???????
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Ideal,All or nothing this time!!!!

I have no problem with a referendum to break up the UK on the proviso that all of us in the UK get to vote as it affects everyone, I for one own land and forestry in Scotland which was bought on the presumption that the status quo would be the same as it has been for centuries. Breaking up a country is a far cry from exiting a club (the EU) and the consequences are far more reaching for the country.
    Last edited by Cumbrian 1; 24-06-2016 at 10:54.

Amazing.

Britain was a full and active member of the EU, sought some relatively minor changes to create reform and keep its population happy and was refused.

Scotland is a full and active member of the UK, has way more than proportionate representation in Westminster, is the most fully devolved parliament on the planet, reaps the benefits from the Barnett formula and has the buffer of the UK reserves.

I mean, you can definitely see why this issue of EU membership rather than renegotiated deal with EU is such a big deal for her when Scotland has been so badly treated by the rest of the UK.
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

I cant understand why shes making noise about a Scottish referendum right now anyway.

This is always the worst part of change - You've ripped down what you had and you havent built whatever it is you're going to end up with. Surely it would be better for us and the Scots if they wait to see what the shape of the new relationship is before they decide whether they want it or not?

It's what SHE wants that is the salient fact on this.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by stubear View Post
    I cant understand why shes making noise about a Scottish referendum right now anyway.

This is always the worst part of change - You've ripped down what you had and you havent built whatever it is you're going to end up with. Surely it would be better for us and the Scots if they wait to see what the shape of the new relationship is before they decide whether they want it or not?
    Spot on the new relationship could in theory benefit Scotland far more than the current EU membership (perceived) benefits, but rather than wait for it to be resolved and see what our position will be she would rather make political gain in the short term.

I'd imagine she's trying to get in to EU without actually coming out possibly making it easier and potentially not a new member so would not have to take the Euro.
    I may be wrong but that was the way it came across reading between the lines

Quote Originally Posted by stubear View Post

in a word......Opportunist!!

She's a puppet, Salmond is pulling the strings.