Thread: hi from suffolk

hi from suffolk

hi all,
    a quick hello. I am intersted in shooting generally (12g, .22 and .17hmr) mainly vermin. have just got some new permissions with a few deer on mainly roe and muntjac. I know the calibres aren't suitable before someone shoots me down (pardon the pun). thought i would join and get some ideas and tips before seeing if it's worth putting in a variation. I'll be reading a lot but probably wont post much initially until i've learnt a bit or i've got some questions. I'm based in mildenhall in suffolk on the edge of thetford forest.

Thanks

malcolm

Welcome Malcolm

you are in a good location !!

You're not wrong. I had 3 reds feeding at the side of the road about 400yds from the house yesterday. unfortunately they were on land owned by elveden estate. (I rent a house on the estate). Munties and roe are REGULAR vistors to the land at the back of the house. I feel a variation coming on!

Welcome
    Reds in Suffolk, the second time I have read that this evening, I had no idea they existed this far south.
    From that you can probably tell I know nothing about deer, well other than I like eating them.
    I have just got my first CF rifle, a .223 and have Muntjack and Chinese Water Deer as a condition.
    Trouble is I have no land with either species to shoot over, presently hoping that Muntjack find their way to my (only) shoot PDQ

Neil.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	1450

hi hornet. yes reds. this pic was taken about half a mile from the house last year. sorry about the quality.

malc

Malc, thanks for that, I'm coming up as far as Thetford next month, I'll keep my eyes open.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    Malc, thanks for that, I'm coming up as far as Thetford next month, I'll keep my eyes open.

Neil.
    There are deer everywhere in Thetford!

Neil.
    You wont need to they're everywhere like deer man said. You can hit them with your eyes shut!

Bet none decide to wonder across the range

Neil.

Bet none decide to wonder across the range

Neil.
    Oh yes they do!

Tracking and Training
    www.deertrackingservices.co.uk