BREXIT issues for us

HungarianHunter

Hi everyone

As my nickname says i am a Hungarian who live in the UK in the last 6 years.I want to say thank you for all the British people now because i feel always accepted and happy here also i got a feeling this is my home.After UK leave the EU i believe i will be able to continue my journey in life here.I have my construction and property management company in London i hope this referendum not gonna effect my business and UK generally.As some of you know i start last year take English hunters to Hungary for deer and boar hunting.I just want to ask you guys what do you think how is gonna the BREXIT effect our hunting trips?Pound going down against other currency's or any legal issues in the future with firearms for example.Just to see the BREXIT from a hunter eyes.

Thanks George

Hi everyone

As my nickname says i am a Hungarian who live in the UK in the last 6 years.I want to say thank you for all the British people now because i feel always accepted and happy here also i got a feeling this is my home.After UK leave the EU i believe i will be able to continue my journey in life here.I have my construction and property management company in London i hope this referendum not gonna effect my business and UK generally.As some of you know i start last year take English hunters to Hungary for deer and boar hunting.I just want to ask you guys what do you think how is gonna the BREXIT effect our hunting trips?Pound going down against other currency's or any legal issues in the future with firearms for example.Just to see the BREXIT from a hunter eyes.

Thanks George

Hard to say George , as we don't know at this stage, not sure but one area that might be a problem are European Firearm Passes ,while the lsck of will not stop people going abroad to hunt, it could well make the process of getting a permit harder and more time consuming, probably no free movement through Europe with firearms as there is at the moment.

George I would not worry to much as nothing is going to happen overnight.

As far as hunters are concerned the euro has for sometime been weaker than the pound sterling, thus making European hunts attractive price wise. For Europeans coming over here it has been difficult as we do not deal in the euro, and with my clients I have always insisted on pounds sterling to be paid for hunts as the fluctuation between the two currencies can have an impact on my overall profit.

As for firearms well we will have to wait and see how the European firearms passport pans out, but to be honest anyone coming from overseas to hunt here still had to obtain a British visitors Firearms certificate anyway, so I don't see that being much of an issue at present. As for English clients entering Hungary, again if they have a British FAC I don't see why things should not remain the same.

Hi everyone

Thanks George

George

With the BREXIT vote we are entering a period of uncertainty. We've had uncertainty before and, what always strikes me, is that whilst politicians, economists and journalists love spending hours agonizing over all the possibilities and consequences, the "man on the street" simply wants to get on with life!

I was also thinking about what might happen, as I have a trip to Croatia after boar booked in November and a newly-issued European Firearms Pass in my wallet. TBH I doubt that anything fundamental will change in the short term, as it's in no-one's interest to stop tourism, sporting or otherwise. If, in a fit of pique, the EU politicians do change the rules, then we'll adapt as we always have. Lots of British hunters head to Africa and other countries to hunt, and they seem to manage perfectly well. But until Article 50 is concluded then our passports, driving licences and - I'm presuming - European Firearms Passes, will remain valid.

So far as currency, the variations here will take longer to settle. IMHO the Pound is likely to strengthen significantly against the Euro, reflecting more on concerns over the viability of the Eurozone than confidence in the UK. From a hunter's perspective this will make hunting in Europe more affordable :). Both currencies will weaken against the dollar though :(.

If reaction from my colleagues today in Europe and the US is anything to go by, the biggest risk we face for the next few years is the endless pi55-taking coming our way!

It's unlikely most hunters will worry about any of this - they will just want to go hunting!

George, don't worry. Hungarians were made welcome in this country well before we joined the EU as did the British travel abroad to hunt.

Without the Billions of pounds of taxpayers money that up until now we have been subsidising the EU with the European economy is bound to falter whilst ours surges ahead, the future looks a damn sight brighter than it did yesterday.

how do people in countries that are outside the EU get to bring their firearms in? would we not use the same process?
would any of our non EU members be able to advise?

George I would not worry to much as nothing is going to happen overnight.

Are you on drugs?

255 Billion wiped off the value of UK companies within 24 hours

10% drop on the stock market

UK looses its AAA credit rating

HSBC lose 10Billion

China canlclle a 1.3 billion pound order with the loss of 1600 UK jobs

UK econamy drops to 6th on the world rankings

several hundred UK companies trading in the Euro face bancrupcy as the pound takes it biggest fall since 2007

Nothing is going to hapen overnight is perhaps the most stuipid thing i have ever herd

Last edited:
Are you on drugs?

HSBC lose 10Billion

several hundred UK companies trading in the Euro face bancrupcy as the pound takes it biggest fall since 2007

Nothing is going to hapen overnight is perhaps the most stuipid thing i have ever herd

What utter nonsense, the FTSE has actually closed 3.15% down. I hope that we will not have to put up with all these damaging and inaccurate comments from the losers for much longer

George

With the BREXIT vote we are entering a period of uncertainty. We've had uncertainty before and, what always strikes me, is that whilst politicians, economists and journalists love spending hours agonizing over all the possibilities and consequences, the "man on the street" simply wants to get on with life!
I was also thinking about what might happen, as I have a trip to Croatia after boar booked in November and a newly-issued European Firearms Pass in my wallet. TBH I doubt that anything fundamental will change in the short term, as it's in no-one's interest to stop tourism, sporting or otherwise. If, in a fit of pique, the EU politicians do change the rules, then we'll adapt as we always have. Lots of British hunters head to Africa and other countries to hunt, and they seem to manage perfectly well. But until Article 50 is concluded then our passports, driving licences and - I'm presuming - European Firearms Passes, will remain valid.

So far as currency, the variations here will take longer to settle. IMHO the Pound is likely to strengthen significantly against the Euro, reflecting more on concerns over the viability of the Eurozone than confidence in the UK. From a hunter's perspective this will make hunting in Europe more affordable :). Both currencies will weaken against the dollar though :(.

If reaction from my colleagues today in Europe and the US is anything to go by, the biggest risk we face for the next few years is the endless pi55-taking coming our way!

It's unlikely most hunters will worry about any of this - they will just want to go hunting!

I like your opinion a lot...

What utter nonsense, the FTSE has actually closed 3.15% down. I hope that we will not have to put up with all these damaging and inaccurate comments from the losers for much longer

OK the 10% figure was from lunchtime its obviously recovered. What about the rest of it?

Most of us know this gonna happens in the first days if we out i hope this not gonna take long and will be better for Europe after the British open everyone eyes something wrong with a system...

I think a few more countries should do the same, they would become economically viable again without the EU

Are you on drugs?

HSBC lose 10Billion

Ok here is my thoughts on your recent behaviour on this site.

I have been in this game more years than you will ever know, and have managed and stalked with clients from all over the world, I have 3 agents in Europe and NONE of them are over worried or paranoid, which I have to say seems to be the case with yourself.

Your political thoughts are of no consequence to me and the vast majority of the membership, your point of view is yours to play with as you wish. But I will add one more thing.............wind your neck in with the rudeness or your exit will be as brief as yesterdays vote.

Last edited:

It hit 10 but ended at 4.5% The pound is down 8% We have lost our tripple A rating and lost our position as the fith largest econamy

We have today seen an average 26% wiped off the value of the top 5 UK property companies with confidance falling out of the property market a knock on effect of a 20% in property values is now being predicted that may cause a crash in the London market with foreign investers selling up and causeing a ripple effect across the UK

All good for you then?

If your not panicking you dont fulley understand the situation.

Ok here is my thoughts on your recent behaviour on this site.

I have been in this game more years than you will ever know, and have managed and stalked with clients from all over the world, I have 3 agents in Europe and NONE of them are over worried or paranoid, which I have to say seems to be the case with yourself.

Your political thoughts are of no consequence to me and the vast majority of the membership, your point of view is yours to play with as you wish. But I will add one more thing.............wind your neck in with the rudeness or your exit will be as brief as yesterdays vote.

If politics isnt allowed to be discussed on hear close the thread don't threaten people just because they disagree with your view

If politics isnt allowed to be discussed on hear close the thread don't threaten people just because they disagree with your view

Discuss away, but cut down on the rude comments. It is nothing to do with disagreeing its about your making uncalled for remarks. And if you cant act in a civil manner then expect the inevitable. And that's not a threat...............its a promise :D

It hit 10 but ended at 4.5% The pound is down 8% We have lost our tripple A rating and lost our position as the fith largest econamy

We have today seen an average 26% wiped off the value of the top 5 UK property companies with confidance falling out of the property market a knock on effect of a 20% in property values is now being predicted that may cause a crash in the London market with foreign investers selling up and causeing a ripple effect across the UK

All good for you then?

If your not panicking you dont fulley understand the situation.
After £ 9million pounds and a 3 month scare campaign from HM Govt. I'm not surprised that you are panicking, however I am not.
FTSE 100 3.15% down , what penny shares are doing I haven't got a clue but they do tend to be more volatile anyway

how do people in countries that are outside the EU get to bring their firearms in? would we not use the same process?
would any of our non EU members be able to advise?

Of course people from outside the UK can bring their firearms into this country, they need a letter from their local police chief stating they are of good character, this can sometimes be a little difficult to get for various reasons.

Back