Thread: Photon xt 6.5 Doubler

Photon xt 6.5 Doubler

Hi

thought would share this. I fitted a doubler on my photon and it moved the POI 23" right and 4" high.....take it off and back to old zero. I spoke to somebody on wednesday who has experienced the same so wondered how everybody else found the doubler impacted their zero?

Quote Originally Posted by Ah8217bris View Post
    Hi

thought would share this. I fitted a doubler on my photon and it moved the POI 23" right and 4" high.....take it off and back to old zero. I spoke to somebody on wednesday who has experienced the same so wondered how everybody else found the doubler impacted their zero?

had the same problem with MK 1 XT photon, don't use doublers any more, the 6.2 I've got one on a 222 and all I need is a decent IR ( pulsar 850) and I can see ,ID and shoot as far as I need to, the new photon is a decent piece of kit, not as good as the n870 but it's less than a third of the cost 😃

Pair in it up with a decent IR and it's great

cheers

phil

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    had the same problem with MK 1 XT photon,
    +1

another change of zero from me when I fitted it to my mk1, however make sure its a good fit and doesn't move and adjust it and just carry on. I have since sold the mk1 and now have the 6.5 x 50 and as mentioned good value for performance to
    they take a little faffing to get them to work and mine is now in adjustable mounts with the extreme conversion but very happy with it

rgfds
    craig

We had the same issue last week re zeroing a .17 Remmy Fireball, left right adjustment fully left but still 1" right of bull at 100yds. Cannot understand why doubler has such a dramatic effect.

D