Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound Moderator Choice?

Sound Moderator Choice?

Anyone recommend one over the other for a .243, DPT or Wildcat Evo ?

I have the dpt on a 25-06 and it is light and does a good job

Wildcat Evo is what I use and my shooting buddy, At 200 can't go wrong.
    Steve.

Take a look at the atec hertz 119 I have one on my 6.5 and it's superb lightweight and very good sound reduction my mate has the dpt on his and I'd say mine is quieter but that's to my ear, I have the wildcat evo on a 223 and that's also very good

The DPT is light and you can add extra baffle modules. I'm told you can even change the calibre without a variation, as the different size baffle modules and end cap do not have to go on your F.A.C.

Over the past year I've changed almost all my moderators to DPT, very light, very well machined, easy to disassemble and keep clean, replacement/additional baffles are not too expensive and the UK importer Bill Evans is a great guy to deal with, helping me out with different thread adapters and overbarrel/end of barrel assemblies to suit my ever changing rifle collection. In terms of noise reduction for a .243, I always use an extra baffle over the standard configuration and am yet to find another moderator that's notably quieter, especially for the weight and size. For a 204 I use 2 extra baffles, but they are so light my arms don't notice the difference. Orders are usually sent out to your RFD the same day.

I have a DPT on my .223 and it does the job, easy to clean and its very light too. I will be changing the mod on my .243 to a DPT very soon. Get one, you wont be disappointed!!

Quote Originally Posted by chris101 View Post
    Over the past year I've changed almost all my moderators to DPT, very light, very well machined, easy to disassemble and keep clean, replacement/additional baffles are not too expensive and the UK importer Bill Evans is a great guy to deal with, helping me out with different thread adapters and overbarrel/end of barrel assemblies to suit my ever changing rifle collection. In terms of noise reduction for a .243, I always use an extra baffle over the standard configuration and am yet to find another moderator that's notably quieter, especially for the weight and size. For a 204 I use 2 extra baffles, but they are so light my arms don't notice the difference. Orders are usually sent out to your RFD the same day.
    +1
    I changed over to DPT on three rifles last year and cannot fault them and Bill is very easy to deal with.

Any contact details guys for Bill?
    Cheers.

I think the DPT is ideal for the amount of rounds I would put through it in the field, but was advised that it is probably not the best one for a lot of range shooting, from a longevity point of view.