Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ammunition imports

Ammunition imports

I've been asked by one customer whether I can import a particular calibre of ammunition - one of the less common ones. To do just a few rounds or a few hundred rounds would probably be prohibitively dear, but that got me thinking. What if we did a shipment that was big enough to include thousands of rounds of stuff that people are finding hard to get over here?

If it's stuff that you already reload or a calibre that's readily available over here, this may not be for you. However, despite the difficult situation in America regarding availability, there is quite a bit to be had and I am looking into ways of getting it here.

It won't be quick and it probably won't be easy, but I'm tossing this one out there to see who might be interested. This would include S5 ammo as well.

Jon
    JDR GUNS LTD - jdrguns.com
    RFD no: 36/2511
    Find us on Facebookand Twitter

SD Regular
    You may find that overseas manufacturers have cast iron sole agency agreements with their UK importers.

So you'll have to find a "jobber" to act as middleman. So already you're buying above true factory price.

Then, of course, the stuff must be CIP tested and each box certified. So that will add a small cost on top.

Out of interest what calibres?

Anyone able to import Samson ammo from Israel will have a big turnover once people start using it again.

Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    Anyone able to import Samson ammo from Israel will have a big turnover once people start using it again.
    This was good ammo in its day shot a fair few thousand in my time

Sierra Gameking 1625 100grn .257 bullets
    and
    .22 Hornet hornady 35grn Vmax Aammunition

Would be good

Thanks

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    You may find that overseas manufacturers have cast iron sole agency agreements with their UK importers.

So you'll have to find a "jobber" to act as middleman. So already you're buying above true factory price.

Then, of course, the stuff must be CIP tested and each box certified. So that will add a small cost on top.

Out of interest what calibres?
    Yes I'm aware of the likely problems.

Any calibre that is normally hard to get hold of over here.
    Last edited by JDR; 27-06-2016 at 07:41.

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    I've been asked by one customer whether I can import a particular calibre of ammunition - one of the less common ones. To do just a few rounds or a few hundred rounds would probably be prohibitively dear, but that got me thinking. What if we did a shipment that was big enough to include thousands of rounds of stuff that people are finding hard to get over here?

If it's stuff that you already reload or a calibre that's readily available over here, this may not be for you. However, despite the difficult situation in America regarding availability, there is quite a bit to be had and I am looking into ways of getting it here.

It won't be quick and it probably won't be easy, but I'm tossing this one out there to see who might be interested. This would include S5 ammo as well.

Jon
    Hello Jon, I'm sure you haven't forgotten my request for the .22 Winchester Auto. which I'm still wanting.
    Regards, Rupert

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert J View Post
    Hello Jon, I'm sure you haven't forgotten my request for the .22 Winchester Auto. which I'm still wanting.
    Regards, Rupert
    Not at all! It's on the list ;-)

I'm now talking to the proof houses regarding legal testing etc.

Is it restricted to just ammo or will you look at other components?

Latest is that we can get 7.62x39, 7.62 54, 7.5 Swiss, 308, 5.56 etc. probably mostly as milsurp.

There would probably be some other calibres as well.

Components - I import those already but not primers or powder just yet. Bullets and brass no problem.

Jon