Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Name the artist.

Name the artist.

While browsing gun dealer websites (as you do), I came across a painting of a Cape Buffalo on the Old Mill Guns (Sussex).
    http://www.oldmillguns.com/
    Anyone know the artist?

No idea, you can see the signature in the corner but I can read it. Give him a call and ask, he's a nice chap, sure he will be happy to share....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    No idea, you can see the signature in the corner but I can read it. Give him a call and ask, he's a nice chap, sure he will be happy to share....
    As said, calling them might be easiest. You can see the signature but it's difficult to decipher the artist's name. All I can make out is "ngorongoro", which could be where the artist is based or could be where the picture was painted.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	African Artist.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	71549
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

I did try that but Ivor just didn't want to let on. Can't understand why.
    It's a nice picture and I'd really fancy a print in my office.

How strange!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

I was nice and polite on the phone, and even tried it later with an email. Just didn't want to give me the answer. Very strange as I've never met him and never had any dealings with him. Must have caught him on a bad day.
    Short of driving there myself - it's a long way from Cornwall but I do get to Sussex regularly - I was convinced someone on SD would know.
    I've searched on google but no success.

I've known Ivor for many years & he doesn't have bad days! (Unless confronted with a fool). He is always a perfect gentleman & has every right to protect an image that is his website backdrop whatever his reasons. He also is a great & quietly knowledgeable RFD to deal with - Very good competetive prices, top quality products, good range of rifles in stock, experienced outfitter, will get hard to source items in etc etc. He also has a test firing range so you can try before buying.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    I've known Ivor for many years & he doesn't have bad days! (Unless confronted with a fool). He is always a perfect gentleman & has every right to protect an image that is his website backdrop whatever his reasons. He also is a great & quietly knowledgeable RFD to deal with - Very good competetive prices, top quality products, good range of rifles in stock, experienced outfitter, will get hard to source items in etc etc. He also has a test firing range so you can try before buying.

Ian
    Ian you have a PM john

I have just had this painting done of a Buffalo, for a friends special birthday.

Sorry picture, now attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails b3c346_8958b8871da94f1fad08344af270bbb1.jpg