Barnes TTSX Bullets

Redeye

Has anyone tried the 120g Barnes TTSX bullets in a 7mm Rem Mag? I have loaded some and they are supremely accurate on the range, which I had always had a problem with when using the old Barnes X. What I wondered was what meat damage and reaction to shot is going to be like in that calibre? Has anybody had any experience?

Has anyone tried the 120g Barnes TTSX bullets in a 7mm Rem Mag? I have loaded some and they are supremely accurate on the range, which I had always had a problem with when using the old Barnes X. What I wondered was what meat damage and reaction to shot is going to be like in that calibre? Has anybody had any experience?

I have used the Barns TSX in Africa on several occassion nothing took 1 step I shot all sorts form Dika to Giraffe with them,there superb,I have also shot roe with them,they do exactly what they say on the tin,I found very little damage on roe and a lovely small exit wound with no bruising of the meat
I have since change to Hornady interbonds which are more accurate

I have not used the 120s but have used the 140g tsx with great satisfaction on roe and ........hmm pheasants......it worked!!!

Good sub moa accuracy, minimal meat damage and dead deer every time. I dont see why the 120 should be different.

S

Hi Redeye,

Have you had the chance to review the situation with regards to meat damage I have been considering these softly loaded in the 7mm Rem Mag
icon5.png

Regards Remmy7
icon11.png

i use the 120 gn in my 6.5x55 and bullet damage is minimal ! you can eat right up to the hole !

cheers lee

Hi Redeye,

Have you had the chance to review the situation with regards to meat damage I have been considering these softly loaded in the 7mm Rem Mag
icon5.png

Regards Remmy7
icon11.png

Dont bother loading them softly they will work just as well going fast and you still will be able to eat up to the hole!!

I have not used the 120s but have used the 140g tsx with great satisfaction on roe and ........hmm pheasants......it worked!!!

Good sub moa accuracy, minimal meat damage and dead deer every time. I dont see why the 120 should be different.

S
srvet, digging in the forum I found this message of yours. What happened to the poor pheasant?

Back