Honour and responsibility

kes

Politicians have none of the above, Their 'club' has allowed non-members to change the membership rules and they either dont like it or have thrown their toys out of the pram. We have been paying these people for years for this eventual abrogation of responsibility. They simply dont care about anything but themselves. I am thoroughly disgusted - we need a strong leader with honour and commitment - I just dont see one.
If anyone was ever in doubt about leaving, the reaction by the EU leaders should convince them that they think they have power and absolute control over us. Onward and upward.

If the EU is as good as it pretends to be the reaction of the EU leaders would have been "Sorry you are leaving dont know why but we will help you in every way and hope one day you will return." Instead their hostile and bitter reaction suggests they know the EU has problems and are frightened that this exit will start others wanting to leave and spoil their pleasant and rewarding lifestyle ? If they were honest and decent people they would try and change the EU to benefit members and not themselves so that people were not wanting to leave.

If the EU is as good as it pretends to be the reaction of the EU leaders would have been "Sorry you are leaving dont know why but we will help you in every way and hope one day you will return." Instead their hostile and bitter reaction suggests they know the EU has problems and are frightened that this exit will start others wanting to leave and spoil their pleasant and rewarding lifestyle ? If they were honest and decent people they would try and change the EU to benefit members and not themselves so that people were not wanting to leave.

TonyR, you are excato mundo, even now they are still telling what do do!!

"Sorry you might be leaving don't know why but we will help you in every way and hope one day you will return."

Had the politicians in favour of bremain adopted this type of decency when campaigning chances are it would have swayed the vote the other way imho.

We are sort of forgetting here, most conveniently, that the uk has been moaning about its condition of membership since the time of Mrs T. It's "we don't like this" and "let's have a refund here". If it was my club I doubt I'd shed a tear. Plus there are plenty of spoils for the remaining 27 members now that we have conveniently left. Andthey know they'll get us as we don't have a plan and will need access to their markets. Lord Mandelson has nothing on Nige and BoJo on the spin front at least. How inconvenient that they now have to show us the goods.....
Whre I absolutely agree with you is that politicians have abdicated their responsibility for the sake of expediency; the pros and cons of EU membership are complicated and we vote and pay for politicians to decide on behalf of the people.

Last edited:
Eeeee it's a real bu$$er! Now our politicians will have to actually do some work, they won't have time to consider honour & responsibility - not of course that they ever have.

But work they now must on our exit strategy and they'd better do a damn good job.

Honour and Responsibility are out moded, purely historical terms that have no frame of reference - in modern concensus society. Sadly it would so appear.

Just watched the news with incredulity at the whole editorial slant and not least the sheer brass neck of many of those interviewed.

Its so tempting to ascribe it all to a conspiracy to subvert the democratic vote; but it occurs to me that the whole direction of this thing really just underpins one central aspect - the vast majority of politicians ( Uk, Euro and the world ) are so severely out of touch with reality and the views of the electorate - WHICH THEY SERVE . And the who media community is so saturated in the politics of the street cafe concensus - that they basically dont have a scooby doo about what has happened. Neither why, how, where, when or what to do about it - intellectually and morally they are adrift.

Ultimately we remain responsible - by the proxy of not caring how we voted, but not holding politicians and press to account, by all the thousand turns of the cheek we acquired the government and society we deserved. Not a pretty sight. :tiphat:

Politicians are democratically elected. It does not follow that they must do everything the majority of voters asks them to do on a particular issue. This is a fallacious understanding of democracy.

I agree but a single issue national referendum is different and shouldn't give anybody wriggle room. Please move on guys, we are where we are and a united push for the best possible result is surely in everybody's interest.

David.

I agree but a single issue national referendum is different and shouldn't give anybody wriggle room. Please move on guys, we are where we are and a united push for the best possible result is surely in everybody's interest.

David.
I agree but where are we to move on to??? We were promised a New Jerusalem by Nige and BoJo and now that is is high time to table the goodies or at least present a credible plan, they p1ss off to play cricket/write their lucrative Telegraph column. Great!! I'm all for accepting and moving on but I at the very least expected a plan. Maybe we should vote Baldric for PM at least he always had a turnip!!!

Last edited:
I have a cunning plan !
Baldric for PM .Superb plan !:british:

I agree but where are we to move on to??? We were promised a New Jerusalem by Nige and BoJo and now that is is high time to table the goodies or at least present a credible plan, they p1ss off to play cricket/write their lucrative Telegraph column. Great!! I'm all for accepting and moving on but I at the very least expected a plan. Maybe we should vote Baldric for PM at least he always had a turnip!!!

Back