Post-Brexit stalking outfit

terrier

After last week, I am seriously thinking of selling my Finnish rifles, German 'scopes, and all Euro-sourced ammunition. I might hang on to the Norwegian moderator.
Can anyone suggest an all-UK package of replacements, please?

Holland & Holland double rifle and a bespoke tweed shooting suit from Alexander James. Don't be cheap on me now, make sure you get fitted properly.

After last week, I am seriously thinking of selling my Finnish rifles, German 'scopes, and all Euro-sourced ammunition. I might hang on to the Norwegian moderator.

I take it you will stop shooting sika, fallow, muntjac and CWD too? Regards JCS

Well i can swop you a Parker Hale and a BSA. Fine rifles fron the UK's finest gun makers :fib:

There's the Faragefire - makes a lot of noise without producing anything of substance
The Boris Blunderbuss - it waits until all the other guns have fired, then shoots the head keeper
The Gove Gun - smooth action, with an oily stock

All have very attractive entry level prices until you get the bill and find you'll be paying instalments for the rest of your life.

Majority of beautiful English rifles based on Mauser action - rock and a hard place for a true Brexiter :D

You will need to start with a British made action. There are a few. You can always go Accuracy International route, but a bit over engineered and heavy for stalking purposes. Precision Magnum Mauser Rifle Actions make nice actions but £3,000 sort of pricing. Barrels - well whoever took over border barrels would be in the running. Of course you have the old Enfield and falling block Farquarson style as well. And there is a small supply of English walnut left, certainly would want anything from the continent or turkey.

As for sights - well get used to express sights - do we have any UK lense manufacturers?? A scope is not that complicated to make, but the only telescopes are the Greys of Inverness and they use German lenses.

ammo - kynoch ammo? But do our military ammo makers still make brass?

You could always buy a a falling block action invented by a Scot, better be quick though they might just be part of that nasty Europeen Union before very long.:coat:

Mayfair engineering make perfectly good (excellent) Mauser style action right here in Britain and of course are more than good enough for Rigby H&H Purdey and Westleys, why not start there.

Back