One for the Hill Men

Sam

Hi Chaps,

Im after upgrading my draw tube spotting scope, it wont be hard ;)

I would really like a Gray&Co. But the £1000 odd price tag sort of sinks me a wee bit. However when oggling on the website (Grahams) I noticed they have a "cheaper" option - this http://www.grahamsonline.co.uk/product.php?ID=3879. Looks like quite a nice bit of kit (so does it all though) and at that price, with a little scrimping and saving, its acheivable.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the above? I know its not a three draw, but still it looks long enough to steady on a stick.

Rumblings welcome :)

Sam

I'll try and remember to have a look at one when I go in in a couple of weeks. Looks nice but is a helluva lot cheaper (but hopefull not nastier)...guessing it's made on for'n shores.

I haven't used one myself.......but my headstalker reckoned they weren't that good. You will be better off keeping an eye open for one of the hertel reuss ones that pop up on ebay (usually near the stag season).

The grays telescopes are good......nice and light......but not worth the price tag!!!

steve

These early Greys glass have a narrow field of view on them than the newer ones,Im sure you could get the newer eyepiece for it as I think they are all the same dimentions.Dont quote me on it tho.Try emailing Grahams but dont expect an answer!!:banghead:

I have the same scope as in your link, a bit on the large side, a decent enough glass for the money.

The size thing put me off so I bought a Grays.

Back