Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free shooting advice.

Free shooting advice.

That got your attention !
    It occurred to me as the stigmatized arch BASC basher, that BASC might consider offering anyone who shoots one piece of support advice/one phone call to encourage people to see in BASC what I havent. This is to suggest we should do this to encourage membership through willingness and no other method. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    That got your attention !
    It occurred to me as the stigmatized arch BASC basher, that BASC might consider offering anyone who shoots one piece of support advice/one phone call to encourage people to see in BASC what I havent. This is to suggest we should do this to encourage membership through willingness and no other method. Any thoughts?

Advice from Essex............more shooting less typing..

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    Advice from Essex............more shooting less typing..

Tim.243
    Thanks Tim, again.

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    Thanks Tim, again.
    Most welcome.....as we used to say to scuba diving trainees...you can only drown of boredom in the class room!

Tim.243

Eeer yeah and what about the others, if you want one to do it then you should ask the others to join in. In fact why don't we get all the organisations to do a live debate and at the end we can then decide which to join.
    fair all around.

Sheesh.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    Most welcome.....as we used to say to scuba diving trainees...you can only drown of boredom in the class room!

Tim.243
    Memo to self, do I need a dive computer for September or not? Hmm maybe not.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    Memo to self, do I need a dive computer for September or not? Hmm maybe not.

Sorry to diverge here Kes, I just cut the last ties with diving, I made a cracking pair of chest waders from my Protec dry suit.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Sorry to diverge here Kes, I just cut the last ties with diving, I made a cracking pair of chest waders from my Protec dry suit.
    My twin set and stages are gathering dust in the workshop from the last cancelled dive out of Cornwall,
    I drained most of the helium mix all but 30 bar out thinking will I use these again.....

Tim.243

I still have all my diving gear, just can't bear to get rid of it. On the up side I have 2 air bottles to refill my FAC airguns.

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I still have all my diving gear, just can't bear to get rid of it. On the up side I have 2 air bottles to refill my FAC airguns.

Mick
    When I travelled to Dahab and Hurghada for 100m warm dives the 6 (one spare) first and seconds stages would make the weight allowance go off the dial, plus the rest of the kit lol.

5x12ltr tanks need a bit of managing on the back of a rolling dive deck, 2 on the wing 2 clipped on the side and one (travel gas) in your hand. Never a very graceful entrance lol

Always better to have plenty of gas....I remember looking at the single tanks and bcd's who never made it back up to the surface...

Tim.243