Free shooting advice.

kes

That got your attention !
It occurred to me as the stigmatized arch BASC basher, that BASC might consider offering anyone who shoots one piece of support advice/one phone call to encourage people to see in BASC what I havent. This is to suggest we should do this to encourage membership through willingness and no other method. Any thoughts?

That got your attention !
It occurred to me as the stigmatized arch BASC basher, that BASC might consider offering anyone who shoots one piece of support advice/one phone call to encourage people to see in BASC what I havent. This is to suggest we should do this to encourage membership through willingness and no other method. Any thoughts?

Advice from Essex............more shooting less typing..

Tim.243

Eeer yeah and what about the others, if you want one to do it then you should ask the others to join in. In fact why don't we get all the organisations to do a live debate and at the end we can then decide which to join.
fair all around.

Sheesh.

Sorry to diverge here Kes, I just cut the last ties with diving, I made a cracking pair of chest waders from my Protec dry suit.

My twin set and stages are gathering dust in the workshop from the last cancelled dive out of Cornwall,
I drained most of the helium mix all but 30 bar out thinking will I use these again.....

Tim.243

I still have all my diving gear, just can't bear to get rid of it. On the up side I have 2 air bottles to refill my FAC airguns.

Mick

I still have all my diving gear, just can't bear to get rid of it. On the up side I have 2 air bottles to refill my FAC airguns.

Mick

When I travelled to Dahab and Hurghada for 100m warm dives the 6 (one spare) first and seconds stages would make the weight allowance go off the dial, plus the rest of the kit lol.

5x12ltr tanks need a bit of managing on the back of a rolling dive deck, 2 on the wing 2 clipped on the side and one (travel gas) in your hand. Never a very graceful entrance lol

Always better to have plenty of gas....I remember looking at the single tanks and bcd's who never made it back up to the surface...

Tim.243

To be honest we already give quite a bit of advice to non members. We do draw the line though when a non member contacts us after they have been revoked, of have don't something that's likely to result in a revocation, this sort of enquiry would take up a lot of time within the firearms team, time that they are better using on members who have been poorly treated by the local FLD for example.

However, take one example from earlier today, a shoot captain of a non affiliated BASC shoot called to ask advice on what he could do with a couple of half guns that have just decided they no longer want to be part of the shoot and want their money back

To be honest we already give quite a bit of advice to non members. We do draw the line though when a non member contacts us after they have been revoked, of have don't something that's likely to result in a revocation, this sort of enquiry would take up a lot of time within the firearms team, time that they are better using on members who have been poorly treated by the local FLD for example.

However, take one example from earlier today, a shoot captain of a non affiliated BASC shoot called to ask advice on what he could do with a couple of half guns that have just decided they no longer want to be part of the shoot and want their money back

Thank you David for not being seduced by the 'dark side' or is it deep water. I take your points and especially the last. Just a thought to encourage membership of orgs and as I suggest one only is best; then we might as well start with the biggest since things with you are now possibly 'heading in the right direction'.

Diving is far safer than some of the current positions in BASC at the moment.....:rofl:

Tim.243

Humour ? Goodness me !
Any BASC employee posting on here on behalf of the organisation is certainly, not involved in the 'problems', wouldnt you think - maybe not!

Back