Log burner is running

Cyres

Cannot believe it watching the tennis and have my log burner running and its nearly July, aided by nice glass of Yellow Tail Shiraz. Foxing this eve is postponed.

D

Aye lit mine too. Had to chop a few sticks as had none in the box. Just to drive a bit of damp out and save on fuel for heating the water. Had to stop work half hour early as was getting soaked and a few tingles off the welder while it pi**ed down.

No i have not tried the Merlot, but will do. The YT Shiraz is good but now v expensive for what it is, got mine on a deal at Sainbury when £6.50 bottle then 25% off for 6 or more so I purchased a case. At £4.50 bottle its agood buy. Chepeast was when ASDA did 6 for £25.

Looking at weather in SWest today might be a repeat this evening but will cook grilled gammon, eggs with peas, broad beans and new potatoes all from the garden.

D

Still buying good wine here in Aldi Germany at 1.99 euros a bottle but maybe my tastebuds have been shattered after the remain party wake.
UK booze will certainly rise in price with import tariffs so get it in boys.
Here is a good anecdote years ago a german smuggler of booze and fags heard through the grapevine about a treaty to straighten up the Holland-German border to make it easier for both countries so he filled a barn on the dutch side with illicit in Germany goods and then on the day they became German goods without any smuggling involved, every cloud has a silver lining just like at the pistol ban a gunsmith was filling rounds with sand and flogging them to the govt at a tidy profit as he thought he was going broke.
Memorable times.

Had the burner going yesterday and today, just ticking over nicely. Mind you, it's the only heating in the house so tends to get lit on damp chilly days all year round.

Yep, light mine this morning after a stalk. It will warm the house and my heart. Dry the wet clothes and boil a kettle

Log burner running again last night, finished the Shiraz over grilled gammon and vegs fresh from the drenched garden. Tennis was very good. Tonight I will be playing again as just finished a 10 week tennis coaching course with a local club. Its been very enjoyable.

D

Back