Thread: Out with the Hawke and in with the?

Out with the Hawke and in with the?

I am looking to trade in the top of the line Hawke Frontier. 475
    It's just been replaced so it's brand new. I have emailed optics warehouse to see if I can return the scope.
    If I am lucky enough to get my money back what do I go for?
    I could add a couple of hundred to it but that's my limit.
    I might end up on the tikka t3 .204 Ruger or one on my rimfires.
    I have been offered a Nightforce NSX 750
    What would you get? Not familiar with any other scope than Hawke.
    I do have a pair of Swarovski slc bins and very pleased with that brand. But looks to push the budget to far?
    Regards

out of interest what went wrong with the frontier? to send it back and get a replacement, I have the older frontier 6-24x50 and the quality of glass is superb. My go to scope for comparison for quality/ is a Nikon monarch ucc and I find the frontier on par or better. My ,223 has a Sightron stac and I woudnt think twice about swapping it with the frontier ,
    rgds
    craig

I went to the range last week to get a spot on windless zero on the .17 and to test some ammo.
    I put out my targets at 100 yards. The scope was struggling to focus in to a sharp picture on the 2" shoot and see targets. The range is an old railway tunnel. A few shots had been fired so there was a little haze in the tunnel. I blamed that on the poor clarity. The black shoot'n'see were blurred and I could not make out the shot placement. after half dozen shots I started to re focus in to try and get the clarity that wasn't there. I was struggling and when I could get it better I was having parallax error. With out parallax error it was miles out of focus. I decided to check my Airmax on the same target. The difference was massive. The Airmax was sharp and clear. There were 6 other guys in the range and all said the same after they tried to adjust it that there was something not right
    I contacted Hawke and the picked up the scope without charge. I heard back after a few days to tell me there was a slight parra ax error and they would be sending out a brand new scope.
    Great after care service.

What are Delta optics like?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknsilver View Post
    What are Delta optics like?
    They're very good. Glass-wise, I'd put their top models somewhere on the lines of IOR-Valdada and I use one on my stalking rifle. However, If you've been offered a good NSX for 750, that's a bit of a no brainer too depending on model and ret. I use one on my .223 for long range vermin control and the big plus with these scopes is their rugged reliability and quality of the turrets. Glass isn't the brightest on offer (you have to go to top spec Zeiss or S&B for that) but does benefit from good contrast and excellent edge to edge sharpness and resolution.

I don't rate Hawke scopes. Had one of their better ones new and from the factory, it had a stiff elevation turret. Upon removing the adjuster I found that during assembly they'd snipped a bit of spare aluminium dial to use as a shim because it hadn't been put together properly. Utter crap, and at the price, expensive utter crap.

I have just been on the phone to optics wear house where I bought the scope from. It looks like I can return it and exchange it. I am looking at the Delta Titanium 2.5-15-56.
    The review on YouTube by 'sharp shooter' is very good and that looking like my first choice at the moment. Adding 200 towards is my limit really. Can anyone else suggest anything?
    Thanks for any help

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknsilver View Post
    I have just been on the phone to optics wear house where I bought the scope from. It looks like I can return it and exchange it. I am looking at the Delta Titanium 2.5-15-56.
    The review on YouTube by 'sharp shooter' is very good and that looking like my first choice at the moment. Adding 200 towards is my limit really. Can anyone else suggest anything?
    Thanks for any help
    Classifieds on here, keep looking.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I have to do an exchange. It's not a money back offer.