Thread: Howa 1500 25-06

Howa 1500 25-06

Anybody had experience with Howa 1500 rifles in 25-06 calibre?

I'm in the market for a new stalking rifle but can't see the point in spending big bucks on something else if these rifles do the job as well as some of the reviews on the web seem to make out.

If it groups well, that will do me.

It's all I ever use! Shot hundreds of deer with it, all six species including lowland red stags. Hogue stock is great. Changed my trigger for a riflebasix cos I broke the Howa one fiddling with it!
    Groups better than many expensive rifles too! I'd get a stainless though as blued ones seem prone to rust.
    Excellent value for money!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    It's all I ever use! Shot hundreds of deer with it, all six species including lowland red stags. Hogue stock is great. Changed my trigger for a riflebasix cos I broke the Howa one fiddling with it!
    Groups better than many expensive rifles too! I'd get a stainless though as blued ones seem prone to rust.
    Excellent value for money!
    MS
    You could cure the rust problem if you had it Duracoated!

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    You could cure the rust problem if you had it Duracoated!
    Mine's Stainless!
    If they are close enough to see my paintwork, they are already in big trouble!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Mine's Stainless!
    If they are close enough to see my paintwork, they are already in big trouble!
    MS
    Stainless can still rust!

It's correct definition is "Stains Less"
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    Anybody had experience with Howa 1500 rifles in 25-06 calibre?

I'm in the market for a new stalking rifle but can't see the point in spending big bucks on something else if these rifles do the job as well as some of the reviews on the web seem to make out.

If it groups well, that will do me.
    Do yourself a favour and buy the weatherby in the classifieds, i own a Howa and its a lovely rifle but the Weatherbys a bargain.

There's a new Tikka M695 25.06 advertised on the Mark Hazel's Gunroom website, which would have been worth considering. The only trouble is that the price has just been revised from 795 to....1295! Which must a) be an example of hyper-inflation and b) make the Howa look even better value.

Nowt to do with me But there is a fine looking 25-06 in the classifieds http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...mark-in-.25-06