Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone from canada

Anyone from canada

Planning a holiday to Canada this year. If I see bullets cheaper than in the UK can I buy them and bring them home or is it a beuricratic nightmare??

BE

Don't even think about it.

Cheers

Bruce

This may be a good starting point.

Firearm Users Visiting Canada - Royal Canadian Mounted Police

If in doubt, don't. Even though Canadian jails will probably be very comfortable, they probably aren't worth the saving on the bullets
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mealiejimmy View Post
    Don't even think about it.

Cheers

Bruce
    Quote Originally Posted by long_range_rob View Post
    This may be a good starting point.

Firearm Users Visiting Canada - Royal Canadian Mounted Police

If in doubt, don't. Even though Canadian jails will probably be very comfortable, they probably aren't worth the saving on the bullets
    Not planning anything illegal, happy to declare when arrive back in UK. Just wondered if it was easy or needed to have a specific licence as in UK. Have read most things but it is all about declaring firearms when you arrive in Canada rather than buying bullets when there.

UK side is not a problem - as long as you have allowance on your FAC that's fine.

I don't think bullets require a licence to buy in Canada?? You just need to check whether you're allowed to take them out of Canada with you. Airline may want you to put them in a locked case.

I've got all the bumph somewhere from numerous trips I've made. I never bothered to bring any back even though they are considerably cheaper. About the same price in CAN$ as we pay in gb£. So 2/3 the price. I'm pretty sure you need a licence to buy ammo or even components. Firstly you need a licence to hold a firearm (own) another to hunt which requires you to have completed a course and of course a tag fro what ever you intend to hunt. As a non-resident you have to have a guide which may be a professional or can be a friend who has obtained a temporary guide permit. All in all it looked like a load of hasstle to save £50 or something.

However if your really keen just pop into the rcmp office at the airport and ask the questions, they were very helpful when I asked about bringing a rifle in to hunt with a friend. The officer was a hunter himself as were a number of others, who showed great interest in what I would like to do. Made a number of suggestions and were generally keen to help.

You could look on Language selection - Royal Canadian Mounted Police / Sélection de la langue - Gendarmerie royale du Canada

Thanks woodmaster that's really helpful

You don't need a license to buy bullets or brass in Canada , you do need a license to buy loaded ammo though . When you're here you can buy as much and whatever bullets you want , the only restrictions are on your end . If you have any questions , drop me a pm and I can be more specific , plus I can give you a few leads on some good deals , depending on where in Canada you're going .

AB

i was on vancouver island beginning of year went to cabelas prices there were not conpetitive also they were out of brass also same story in calgary so did not bring anything back which is unusal for me

greenshoots