Thread: Lead-free factory .243 W (Glos.)

Lead-free factory .243 W (Glos.)

Please can anyone recommend a RFD, ideally in Gloucestershire, that stocks or is prepared to order factory .243 W lead-free amo?
    Not much luck so far.
    I found an RFD that stocks lead-free .308 W but he is not prepared to order in .243 W, even with my offer to pre-pay. Hmm.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    Please can anyone recommend a RFD, ideally in Gloucestershire, that stocks or is prepared to order factory .243 W lead-free amo?
    Not much luck so far.
    I found an RFD that stocks lead-free .308 W but he is not prepared to order in .243 W, even with my offer to pre-pay. Hmm.
    its away for you to go, but the guy at Thetford guns in Norfolk is a good guy to deal with, I get all my non tox in .22 WMR, 222 and .308 via the shop he's a very helpful and he gets the gear ASAP worth giving him a call and have a day out in norfolk picking it all up

I recently bought some lead free .308W from Shooting Supplies in Bromsgrove. Maybe worth a giving them a call?

The problem of finding a stockist of factory made is the reason I have started reloading...at least Barnes TTSX, Hornady GMX and the Brenneke blei frei bullets are fairly easy to obtain.

Are you prepared to divulge the name of the RFD stocking .308W?

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alantoo View Post
    I recently bought some lead free .308W from Shooting Supplies in Bromsgrove. Maybe worth a giving them a call?

The problem of finding a stockist of factory made is the reason I have started reloading...at least Barnes TTSX, Hornady GMX and the Brenneke blei frei bullets are fairly easy to obtain.

Are you prepared to divulge the name of the RFD stocking .308W?

Alan
    So far I have found two RFD's that stock .308 factory amo lead-free: R&B Sporting, Ross-on-Wye; and Paul Hill at The Corinium Rifle Range, Kemble, Cirencester.
    However, getting hold of .243 WIN lead free factory amo seems to be problematic, either because of low demand and/or because of weight/size/stability issues with lead-free .243 WIN.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Eric can you not get some reloaded. For you there's bound to be someone near you who can help regards
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    So far I have found two RFD's that stock .308 factory amo lead-free: R&B Sporting, Ross-on-Wye; and Paul Hill at The Corinium Rifle Range, Kemble, Cirencester.
    However, getting hold of .243 WIN lead free factory amo seems to be problematic, either because of low demand and/or because of weight/size/stability issues with lead-free .243 WIN.
    Ah...I have purchased two centre fire rifles in my illustrious career, the first from Paul and its replacement from Rob!

Paul was keen on Nosler Bt at that time, and I must have forgotten to ask Rob in the excitement of the new rifle moment.

Billh on here, whom you know from NCDMG, has been exploring lead free in .243W. In fact the only time I have ever seen him slightly grumpy (or at least not quite his normal jovial self!) was his first firing for load development of some .243W GMX. So he is well aware of the stability issues. It may be worth contacting him for his take on it...

Alan