Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Deeply Deeply Sad

Deeply Deeply Sad

I really cannot understand what has happened to this country. We have spent many decades building a tolerant and inclusive society - I feel part of this society, but I don't recognise it any more.

It seems as if the referendum debate has been taken as a free ticket for Xenophobic behaviour to be order of the day - the first referendum started this, and the most recent one and behaviour since has made it even worse.

When are we going to wake up from the nightmare? I don't see any positives at the moment, just an awful lot of hard work required to repair relationships at family, social, business and political level and that is going to take a generation.

scary times ahead i feel europe has been used as scape goat for our lack luster self serving politicians with the concequence you describe above. Hope im wrong and this country emerges stronger and safer
    jake

it's not just xenophobia there seems to be a general nastiness in some sections of society,
    one group of yobs telling people to clear off home and another group telling old people to hurry up and die for ruining our future. Is there really any need.
    Last edited by casper; 29-06-2016 at 16:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    I really cannot understand what has happened to this country. We have spent many decades building a tolerant and inclusive society - I feel part of this society, but I don't recognise it any more.

It seems as if the referendum debate has been taken as a free ticket for Xenophobic behaviour to be order of the day - the first referendum started this, and the most recent one and behaviour since has made it even worse.

When are we going to wake up from the nightmare? I don't see any positives at the moment, just an awful lot of hard work required to repair relationships at family, social, business and political level and that is going to take a generation.
    I don't recognise this. My family and friends never were 'xenophobic ' still are not . I can only speak from my own personal experience. Maybe your reading and taking seriously too much on here.....

The snobbish mischaracterizations by liberal politicians, globalists, and media pundits has been to smear them as, uneducated, old, selfish, unsophisticated, rural bumpkins who work with their hands.

Isn't that the actual bigotry which the Remains harbor and express, in their unsubstantiated labeling?

If they could make an argument for the dissolution of the British culture, wouldn't they do so? We are getting the same sort of insults from the media here in the USA, in an attempt to stem the revolt against change forced on us. Those who favor borderless globalism and regulations to the rule of law don't even want to express their vision and goals.

If you actually look at the figures, hate crimes are still actually pretty low. The recent campaign has emboldened those idiots amongst us who indulge in this type of thing, but even given the fairly high percentage of increase, the actual figures are low.

However, the British press see this as a golden opportunity to make merry with this. Which, of course give publicity to these numpties who do this, which of course is great for them.

So, gentle folk, by all means condemn hate crimes and bigotry. But be careful you aren't fanning the flames.

The genie is back out of the bottle - and as for the media who've cultivated this hatred and now says 'how awful!' - shame on them all and their twisted agendas
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Well said Heym.

The leave campaign has give oxygen to latent racists in our country. Friends of mine have been abused (one a South African now UK national who has contributed more to us than most could achieve in several lifetimes). If Brexit goes ahead Scotland will leave be in no doubt.

The mostly English Brexiters will be left clapping the huge triumph of a few less Poles and the punishment for the "bankers" and tax base slashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlandsjohn View Post
    I don't recognise this. My family and friends never were 'xenophobic ' still are not . I can only speak from my own personal experience. Maybe your reading and taking seriously too much on here.....
    If you believe anything you read in a newspaper or choose your channel accordingly for the news then its absolutely transparent the total bs you will be fed accordingly..

Sad days when the truth is buried so deep nobody can see it for ****
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Quote Originally Posted by pheasant sniper 1 View Post
    If you believe anything you read in a newspaper or choose your channel accordingly for the news then its absolutely transparent the total bs you will be fed accordingly..

Sad days when the truth is buried so deep nobody can see it for ****

Strawman....

Who said anything about believing what you read in newspapers,I don't...
    I watched the debate, the fat cats are closing ranks on the Uk to preserve their non jobs..it will very soon work against them....