Bought an old school rifle.

I have long had an ambition to own a handcrafted sporting rifle, although I am not in the league to have one built to purposely fit me. Wood on a rifle is something that I enjoy and love the look of, but in this modern day and with clients using my rifles a great deal, wooden stocks are not the ideal media.

I managed quite recently to purchase a rifle from a client/friend who had decided after a short while of owning it to sell it, and as I had expressed an interest in buying it he had promised that I would get first refusal.

Well I bought it a few weeks ago and ticked off another bucket list. Although I have never owned a 308, always preferring the 270 rifles, I have to say that this rifle fits me like a glove, and after spending a little more time putting new ring studs on the Apel swing off mounts, as they had been chewed up a little, and contacting Rigby rifles for an original rifle sling with swivels I am very pleased with the outcome.

So I am now the proud owner of a 308 Rigby rifle, made about 1973, with Apel swing off mounts and a Schmit and Bender scope 8x56.

An old school sporting rifle.................love it. Thank you Dave.

DSC_0042.jpgDSC_0043.jpg

That's beautiful Malc. Now you're going to have to take it stalking for your own pleasure. That's YOUR rifle for YOUR aventures and not for clients!

That's beautiful Malc. Now you're going to have to take it stalking for your own pleasure. That's YOUR rifle for YOUR aventures and not for clients!

Correct Lawrence, it is not for clients to use. I am hoping to get a bit of me time later in the summer, maybe a final Roe buck in August?

nice and great lines without a mod too be nice to swing off the 8x56 and use the opens in the right situation I've similar in 270 but not had the occasion to do that yet !good luck with her !

Hideous Malcolm! I think you need to send it to me, because I have no taste at all. I am perfectly willing to reduce your distress. :)

David.

Hideous Malcolm! I think you need to send it to me, because I have no taste at all. I am perfectly willing to reduce your distress. :)

David.

Does this mean you're going to stop trying to get your puggy paws off of my 9.3x62?!?

Back