Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An englishmans brolly?

An englishmans brolly?

Here is an effective non sporting way to do it watch it at minute 2.25 onwards

Oh dear god no! I actually found that pretty disquieting to watch. In fact, I didn't bother watching to the end. And what the hell was that pat on the back all about? I'd have been thoroughly bloody ashamed to be in the company of anyone who deemed THAT worthy of congratulation
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    Oh dear god no! I actually found that pretty disquieting to watch. In fact, I didn't bother watching to the end. And what the hell was that pat on the back all about? I'd have been thoroughly bloody ashamed to be in the company of anyone who deemed THAT worthy of congratulation
    Thanks WS, not even going to watch it might have nightmares....

No different from using the 'Ghost' blind that was introduced from the US.
    The Ghost blind is a reflective shield that mirrors the ground you are using.
    I believe A1 Decoy advertised them some time ago, not sure that it caught on here tho.

I guess it's down to what you think as sporting!
    For me personally I would rather rely on straightforward good old fashioned field craft.

I'd rather shoot them from 400yards than 40yards like that.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Not that much different to using camo or a snow suit in. winter, or approaching red deer on a open hillside on hands and knees with a sheepskin on your back, as I have done.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    I guess it's down to what you think as sporting!
    For me personally I would rather rely on straightforward good old fashioned field craft.
    +1

Well it depends on your out look, is it worse than sitting in a high seat ?, as to the pat on the back, what was wrong with it, it may have been his first deer, one thing it proves is that it's the outline of the human body and face that animals recognise, so all you guys with your high tec body hugging expensive stalking gear , should take note.

SD Regular
    Not unsporting. Not at all. Or, if it is, then Peter Hawker and Ralph Payne-Galiwey bothe were. It's no more nor less than the old time "stalking horse" (where do you think the expression comes from) in a square shape for cheapness.

Approaching the fowl with stalking-horse by H. R. Robertson

Shooting with the stalking-horse by H. R. Robertson
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 30-06-2016 at 20:08.