Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Eye Floaters'

'Eye Floaters'

Does anyone else experience those increasingly distracting 'floaters' or otherwise known as debris in their vision and can anything be done about them?

Getting old mate!

If they are getting worse or bothersome, get your eyes tested. Floaters actually come from debris in the aqueous humor (the jelly like filling) of the eyeball.

Not usually anything to worry about, but if in doubt get check up from optician.
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

I have had them for over forty years, used to find therm distracting, but I am so used to them that I hardly notice them any more.

Aye, me too. I first noticed them as a kid but they've never caused any issues whatsoever
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by JockStalk View Post
    Getting old mate!

If they are getting worse or bothersome, get your eyes tested. Floaters actually come from debris in the aqueous humor (the jelly like filling) of the eyeball.

Not usually anything to worry about, but if in doubt get check up from optician.
    I am!

Got an appointment booked, there is one 'floater' in particular I've noticed drifting across the sight picture more and more.

Get your eyes checked ASAP. A decent optician with the right equipment can do it, you don't need to go to hospital. In my case they were a symptom of retinal haemorrhaging which has needed several sessions of very unpleasant laser surgery to cauterise leaking blood vessels. Floaters can be associated with high blood pressure and as in my case low level leukaemia. Take advice from the medical profession not an unrelated internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    I am!

Got an appointment booked, there is one 'floater' in particular I've noticed drifting across the sight picture more and more.

It's an Anti plot!, had em for years, I just ignore em now, had an eye test last fortnight for renewal of commercial marine endorsement.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

The cause in your case needs a professional - mine were not a problem -just detached cells. The brain (wonderful thing it is) makes adjustments for floaters after a while, individually I am told, but as has been said take no advice other than it happens when you get older and in my case when you have a thick branch clout me round the head. ALWAYS check - I have to go back in another year. Make sure yours aren't linked to anything which needs treatment. More likely not.
    All the best, great excuse for clean misses !

I've had them for years , I had mine checked and the diagnosis was , you're getting older . As time went by , they just didn't bother me . As others have said though , get them checked out just to be safe .

AB