'Eye Floaters'

MartinB

Does anyone else experience those increasingly distracting 'floaters' or otherwise known as debris in their vision and can anything be done about them?

Getting old mate!

If they are getting worse or bothersome, get your eyes tested. Floaters actually come from debris in the aqueous humor (the jelly like filling) of the eyeball.

Not usually anything to worry about, but if in doubt get check up from optician.

Getting old mate!

If they are getting worse or bothersome, get your eyes tested. Floaters actually come from debris in the aqueous humor (the jelly like filling) of the eyeball.

Not usually anything to worry about, but if in doubt get check up from optician.

I am! :D

Got an appointment booked, there is one 'floater' in particular I've noticed drifting across the sight picture more and more.

Get your eyes checked ASAP. A decent optician with the right equipment can do it, you don't need to go to hospital. In my case they were a symptom of retinal haemorrhaging which has needed several sessions of very unpleasant laser surgery to cauterise leaking blood vessels. Floaters can be associated with high blood pressure and as in my case low level leukaemia. Take advice from the medical profession not an unrelated internet forum.

I am! :D

Got an appointment booked, there is one 'floater' in particular I've noticed drifting across the sight picture more and more.

It's an Anti plot!,:D had em for years, I just ignore em now, had an eye test last fortnight for renewal of commercial marine endorsement.

The cause in your case needs a professional - mine were not a problem -just detached cells. The brain (wonderful thing it is) makes adjustments for floaters after a while, individually I am told, but as has been said take no advice other than it happens when you get older and in my case when you have a thick branch clout me round the head. ALWAYS check - I have to go back in another year. Make sure yours aren't linked to anything which needs treatment. More likely not.
All the best, great excuse for clean misses !

I've had them for years , I had mine checked and the diagnosis was , you're getting older . As time went by , they just didn't bother me . As others have said though , get them checked out just to be safe .

AB

I had them before and after having a double cateract lens replacement so the jelly filling of the eyeball somehow was not flushed out and replaced with fresh fluid (what do I know) but maybe thats normal as my eyesight is so much better than it has been for years so I am OK with it.

I have them quite badly. They are black dot floaters that have got much worse over the last few years. I am diabetic so have my eyes checked regularly. I had some kind of scan that created a 3d image and you could actually see the really bad ones on the scan.
Optician said 'get used to them'. Can be a bit annoying on a bright day.
Yorkie.

I have a "floater" in my right eye. I first noticed it over a year ago and mentioned it to my optician who said it was nothing to worry about.
It really doesn't worry me as it gives me a bit of an excuse whenever I miss a clay or three (Which is quite often)!:rofl:

Does anyone else experience those increasingly distracting 'floaters' or otherwise known as debris in their vision and can anything be done about them?

nothing you can do about them as far as I know,

I got hit in the right eye with a bungee cord and hook after it snapped holding a cam net on my tank, ever since then I have a monster of a floater in my right eye accompanied with 2 smaller ones. had them for years and been to spec savers loads of times and they have said nout anyone can do about them.

bob.

I have a "floater" in my right eye. I first noticed it over a year ago and mentioned it to my optician who said it was nothing to worry about.
It really doesn't worry me as it gives me a bit of an excuse whenever I miss a clay or three (Which is quite often)!:rofl:

I wonder if my wife has one MMM

maybe that's why she hit the low level bollard in the car park last year in my truck.

bob.

As said by people above, they are often benign, but they can be a sign of something else. It is well worth getting checked out incase it's something sight threatening.

My Optician is a really nice fellow and I have been going to him for years. He knows I shoot and advised me to keep away from Guns with a lot of recoil as he said it can make the dots worse. Must be down to those years spent shooting a single shot Baikal shotgun with the Baikal cartridges :D.
Yorkie.

Hi mate the floaters are normally remnants of the blood vessels that supplied blood and nutrients to the lens when it was developing. When the lens is fully formed these vessels die away and shrivel to stop obstructing vision. floaters are usually the shrivelled remnants of these vessels. We typically find in shooting the more you are concentrating though a scope / peep-hole sight or pair or binoculars you tend to be come more aware of them. Except for a few more unlikely exceptions, they are just something to live with. As has been suggested get a good optometrist to look at them and measure your eye pressures if all is OK, just grin and ignore them

I have had them for years.
I always find it worse during winter when the sun is lower in the sky and particularly hazy days.
You take a shot at that pigeon that fly's over and realise youve shot your floater :confused:

Back