Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some GOOD Brexit news

Some GOOD Brexit news

India has suggested it has far more in common with UK than with Europe. It finds the EU very bureaucratic, even autocratic for sorting out trade agreements and will be looking to UK to establish new trade relationships. Thank you India. Come on the rest of the world.
    Source - Radio 4 this morning.

Noooooo that can't possibly be correct! !! As like chicken licking said the sky's falling in haha
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Great forward thinking news however, at the risk of sounding cynical, I would imagine that although the points above are relevant to India and good news for us as they are the first to say 'lets do business', it probably also has a lot to do with the rather generous 'foreign aid' budget they receive from the UK.

That said with the amount of Indian owned British companies it is good for provenance when selling certain brands/marques that are synonymous with the U.K.

Hopefully more will now follow suit!!!
    Last edited by Mick9abf; 30-06-2016 at 14:58.

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    India has suggested it has far more in common with UK than with Europe. It finds the EU very bureaucratic, even autocratic for sorting out trade agreements and will be looking to UK to establish new trade relationships. Thank you India. Come on the rest of the world.
    Source - Radio 4 this morning.
    Good for India! I have to confess I have been avoiding the same old doom and gloom on the news these days.

Apparently there are loads of countries that the EU haven't done trade deals with. India, Australia, NZ, Canada to name a few. Pattern there methinks?

11 Countries Gearing Up to Strike Trade Deals With Britain make an interesting read.

Pound and the markets are hanging on as well!

SD Regular
    Never should have turned our backs on the Commonwealth, and trade possibilities, in the very first place. These countries all speak English as an official language and all sent men to fight and die for Britain and British interests in two World Wars.

I got a cab home from the railway station home on Tuesday when I cam back to the UK from France. He straight away asked what I made of the "Brexit" as, as someone of Pakistani heritage he was interested how I, white British, had voted. Told him "Leave". He had too..and for the same reasons...our common Commonweath ties.

And then? As ever as they're coming this year it turned to the cricket and the forthcoming Pakistan v Engand Test Series. How refreshing after two weeks in France and footbal, football, football and not have a cab driver from Roumania to whom "cricket" means a small chirruping insect.

A nice ride home! I'm glad that I voted "Leave" and this only reinforces that choice.
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 30-06-2016 at 15:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick9abf View Post
    Great forward thinking news however, at the risk of sounding cynical, I would imagine that although the points above are relevant to India and good news for us as they are the first to say 'lets do business', it probably also has a lot to do with the rather generous 'foreign aid' budget they receive from the UK.

That said with the amount of Indian owned British companies it is good for provenance when selling certain brands/marques that are synonymous with the U.K.

Hopefully more will now follow suit!!!
    Whatever their motives (and owning Jaguar/landrover will be one amongst many) any investment and much more importantly, the confidence to invest is most welcome and reflects our prospects rather better than the three key naysayers in our midst.

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    Whatever their motives (and owning Jaguar/landrover will be one amongst many) any investment and much more importantly, the confidence to invest is most welcome and reflects our prospects rather better than the three key naysayers in our midst.
    Absolutely, whenever people have said doom and gloom to me I say that the sure things are when the dust settles - the sun will rise and set, London will still be the place to trade commodity (once everyone calms down a bit) and I will still shoot deer !!

We may indeed find ourselves in an enviable position compared to what we are with EU regulation trade wise.
    Last edited by Mick9abf; 30-06-2016 at 15:21.

There is a lot of talk here about trade opportunities in the UK , something we've done since this countries founding . There have been some barriers due to the EU in recent years that dissuaded trade between our two nations . Since this is no longer an issue , there will be a lot of renewed interest from this side . To be honest , a lot of companies didn't look to the UK because of the EU trade restrictions .

AB

Great news, good article this all needs to go ahead at full speed. Also need access to Single Market and our finance institutions retain EU trading passports.