Thread: Fair price for second hand Dillon?

Fair price for second hand Dillon?

What would people say was a sensible price for a Dillon Precision RL550 B?

i have one that I don't ever use as I found I preferred using a single stage press? It has a .308 caliber conversion kit and a few spares like an extra tool head, powder thrower of course.... Small and large primer tubes and replacement springs etc. It's not new by any means but all works fine, it's probably 20+ years old.
    I purposefully haven't put this in the classified section as until I have an idea of price I really don't see this as an advert but a genuine question. If it's not worth much then I won't be selling it...
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

I sold one that I wasn't using to its full potential two years ago for 350. I had several people chasing me for it and I wondered if perhaps I had priced it too low.
    Wonderful bit of kit from an excellent company but wasted if not used to anything like its full capacity.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    I sold one that I wasn't using to its full potential two years ago for 350. I had several people chasing me for it and I wondered if perhaps I had priced it too low.
    Wonderful bit of kit from an excellent company but wasted if not used to anything like its full capacity.
    quite! Precisely my sentiment.... Thanks for the input.

Hate to burst your bubble mate but these can be bought in the uk for 420 so I think 350 would be a bit strong for a 20 year old example. I would have thought more like 200-250. Maybe 8x57 is referring to an xl650 which are more expensive.

No not mistaken James mine was a 550B that I sold complete with three conversion kits and a spare powder thrower.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Ah ok, the price I found was just for the basic press so with the extras you list I'm not surprised you got 350.

Yeah I know you can buy them for around 400 but as you say they don't come with much else, that's the basic press... Caliber conversion kits don't come with them and things like spare tool heads are also extra....
    thanks for the info though.

You don't use it and its surplus advertise it for what you'd be happy with if its too much people won't go for it, if its low you'll get what you wanted and someone will get a bargain.

You could put the money towards some nice new altbergs Andy