Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Stags in scotland, can you recommend me an agent/estate?

Red Stags in scotland, can you recommend me an agent/estate?

Well i am hoping i can get a little help of you knowledgeable few on this as i would like to hear from someone with actual first hand experience with a sporting agent/estate rather than trawling though pages of google and not being able to ask people actually have experience.

Back to the point, Me and my dad have always wanted to go stalking stags in scotland (or indeed northumbria/the borders) and was wondering if any of you can recommend me an estate or sporting agent based in the borders or around the perth/fife area for some red stalking. Also to get some 'proper' hill type stalking is it likely we would have to look further north for this?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

George

Pete will sort you out. I know he isnt where you want but he has MANY contacts.

http://kiltarlity.com/

If you want challenging Red Stags then it has to be the West Coast imo.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post
    Pete will sort you out. I know he isnt where you want but he has MANY contacts.

http://kiltarlity.com/

If you want challenging Red Stags then it has to be the West Coast imo.
    Thanks, sent him an email any other recommendations will be looked into.

George

http://www.countrysports.co.uk/ you could try this guy-Michael Roberts , i've had a few of his clients out but not sure what his prices are like.

George,

You won't find any Reds in Fife, you have to go north of Perth before you come across any.

Quote Originally Posted by mj robson View Post
    George,

You won't find any Reds in Fife, you have to go north of Perth before you come across any.
    Thanks mark

George

You get plenty hill in Perthshire and some big beasties. Woodland stags in Cowal and Kintyre.

PM sent with recommendations

Thanks for all your advice and the helpful PMs i thought you may be interested to know we are booked in for a week on an estate property from the 7th to the 14ht of august with Pete and the aim is to get 2 or 3 beasts each. Really looking forward to it all and you will get a nice long write up when its done.

George

where, if you dont mind me asking?
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!