Thread: Picatinny for Sako 75

Picatinny for Sako 75

I'm contemplating getting a drone pro 10x to go on my Sako 75 .243.
    At the moment I have a s&b in optilocks.
    The plan is to fit a picatinny rail to carry the drone pro for foxing and be able to switch easily back to my s&b for stalking.
    Firstly, how repeatable is the accuracy of the drone pro when taken off and put back on again?
    What rail and qr mounts would be best for repeatable accuracy for the s&b?

Have a look on the Alan Rhon site he got me a rail (just sold it on here ) I used my photon and my now sold z6i day scope both were ok after refitting with Leopold qd rings

Alan Rhodes will most likely recommend a Contessa one piece rail, as he said the Recknagel ones sometimes require some fettling.
    I got a Contessa one sent up, very well made and a good fit, but decided I didn't actually need a rail on it.
    Good option if you need a rail to go straight on using the Optilock system. As for mounts, I've no experience of taking them on and off.
    Last edited by Malxwal; 02-07-2016 at 18:43.

I was looking at his site earlier. I'll give him a call Monday.
    I wonder how the drone pro's zero responds being refitted.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Would agree had the Recknagel but needed a 20 moa so sold it then got the Contessa better fitting IMO Can remove scope with no down side if you remember the slots ?

I take my Drone Pro on and off my Sako 75 (223) and find it returns to zero. Put it this way, I haven't missed a fox after refittting! I have the Recknagel rail, which is well made, but did require light filing to fit. In the end I got this done by a gunsmith after my own, failed attempts. Be careful here. Alan Rhone was unsympathetic and I ended up spending more than I should. I feel that a product that requires this sort of customer input is not ideal as it should just fit straight on. Taking a file to expensive mounts shouldn't be necessary. Alan Rhone didn't agree!

I have a Recknagel rail on my 85 and it fitted perfectly with no fettling required.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    I take my Drone Pro on and off my Sako 75 (223) and find it returns to zero. Put it this way, I haven't missed a fox after refittting! I have the Recknagel rail, which is well made, but did require light filing to fit. In the end I got this done by a gunsmith after my own, failed attempts. Be careful here. Alan Rhone was unsympathetic and I ended up spending more than I should. I feel that a product that requires this sort of customer input is not ideal as it should just fit straight on. Taking a file to expensive mounts shouldn't be necessary. Alan Rhone didn't agree!

Alan Rhone warned me of this in advance , citing varying manufacturing tolerances in Sako actions, and said it was best to have them do the fitting as it wasn't just a case of simple dressing with a set of needle files.

Blog Entries

Picatinny for Sako 75

Apparently I screwed my Alan Rhone rail up on my 75 after it didn't fit and needed a damn site more "fitting" than expected.

Recommend you get them to fit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.