Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4x4s

4x4s

hi all thinking about getting another 4x4 not sure what to go
    for pick up or something like a discovery even freelander...
    i have 3to 4k to spend any info thought etc will be appreciated

cheers

There's an isuzu trooper on Inverness Gumtree think it's low mileage an 1800 not sure what like a wagon they are but seems like a bargain!

Ford ranger or isuzu rodeo would get my vote.

Depends on a load of things really. How many people do you need to cart about, how many dogs, is it mainly for off or on road, do you do long journeys, do you want a pickup or not, what money do you want to spend on it, will the significant other be driving it and and...and.

I see you mention Land Rovers. Many on here will choke on their coffee at the thought. But if you get a good one, they beat the pants off most things, but get a bad 'un and it'll be a real money pit. The later they are, the more reliable they are, but then they don't half get expensive to buy. As for pickups, there's a lot of choice and to be fair, most of them are pretty good. Isuzus, Toyotas, Ford, even VW if you want to be a bit different. All good.

Depends on what you want it for?
    I bought an Xtrail at the end of last year and whilst I love it and it's an enormous improvement over my previous car I do sometimes wish I'd gone for the ultimate in space/versatility and got a pickup.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

it will be mostly for going beating... dog training... odd bit stalking and rough shooting and fingers crossed with right dog working tests and trials,,,, need to be able to handle off road training ground is in angus glens at times can be alot of off road

Discovery

This is for sale on pigeon watch, might do the job

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/foru.../?hl=discovery

cheers will have a look whats mpg like on a disco

Quote Originally Posted by RossR View Post
    hi all thinking about getting another 4x4 not sure what to go
    for pick up or something like a discovery even freelander...
    i have 3to 4k to spend any info thought etc will be appreciated

cheers
    What do you plan to load in it as my RC ranger has a large buck which is fantastic for all the work I do.
    Some times I curse the size of the buck as stuff will slide out of reach but really only a minor inconvenience.

I've had a number of lwb 4x4's but the ranger is by far the best drive and load carrier.

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

I have a 300tdi Disco and taking it easy i get between 26 to 28mpg i recently drove to southern france On the motorways doing a steady 60mpg and got 33mpg

Cheers Geoff