Tikka T3 Mounts

Cawdor118

I currently use Optilocks - however they are very poor.

Can anyone recommend any 1 piece mounts 30mm / high quality

The screws that holds the Optilock rings onto the base needs to be fully torqued up, with a drop of Loctite before fitting to the rifle. These screws are hidden once fitted, the first time you know they are coming loose is when you start to lose your grouping.

I had this problem on a Tikka T3 once, its worth checking.

Other than that one issue which was my fault anyway, I haven't had any other problems with Optilocks.

Good luck.

I have to agree on the quality. The steel is pretty **** poor. I just put on inclined Picatinny mounts and loctite them on.

Optilocks are great mounts. Yes, the screws are a bit soft, but they hold up to 338LM recoil no trouble.

One piece Spuhr mounts are probably the strongest for a T3. For a T3x they have a version that can go directly on the tikka rail. Totally different league to optilocks etc.
edi

I have been using the Tikka rings which come with the T3 on my .30-06 since and my 7mm-08. I am just running light weigh 1 inch tube scopes, so recoil has less force on the rings than with a Hubble. I replaced the aluminum screws with steel cap screws.

Why not put on a rail, so you can use something like Warne or Burris steel rings? They will for sure not move.

I just use a T3 steel picitanny rail as fitted to the super varmint. Not loctited on and not needed loctite as still solidly in place after 600 rounds. I use Leupold steel mounts with mine. Optilocs are ok and a lighter solution but more restrictive if you chage scopes or want to fit things like NV.

I just use a T3 steel picitanny rail as fitted to the super varmint. Not loctited on and not needed loctite as still solidly in place after 600 rounds. I use Leupold steel mounts with mine. Optilocs are ok and a lighter solution but more restrictive if you chage scopes or want to fit things like NV.
Same although I do use a small bit of Loctite 222.

I've got leupold mounts on mine, actually on a couple of rifles. Work well, reasonable price. No rail needed just the appropriate leupold bases.

Back