Pierced primer

constantinedes

Pierced Primer
I am kindly asking for an advice. I shot using AI rifle in 308 caliber, suddenly I am experiencing pierced primer problems. Has anyone experienced this problem? There is no presure sign on the primer.
Thank you

Have you stripped and examined the bolt in particular the firing pin for chipping?

If it's as you describe an Accuracy International action, the firing pin is adjustable to allow for different types of primer. Pierced primers are not unknown. I would not recommend that you do this yourself. Suggest speaking to Sporting Services in Surrey.

Thank you, i have striped the bolt, no cheeping nore any damage to the firing pin. I have to strip it to remove the primer bit, after firing 3 rounds, the fourth, the primer bit gets sucked in to the bolt cavity and blocks the firing pin from releasing. I will contact sporting services first thing in the morning.

Slack pins. So as to keep functioning in the sand pits. A lot of smiths bush the boltface to take up the slack, particularly in high pressure chamberings such as 6.5x47

I have a Steyr Aug which I use for CSR competitions.
I never had any issue with RG ammo, home-loads etc.
However I tried some GGG ammo and in 10 rounds I had 2 blown primers.
So sometimes it is dodgy ammo.

Back