Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Variable power FAC air rifle

Variable power FAC air rifle

Guys just put in for one need one I can vary the power for different situations etc whats your recommendations on what to get, had plenty of springers in my youth but not clued up on the PCP thanks.

I believe Daystate do these , but not cheap.

The Air Arms FAC Extra one is adjustable...S510.

My 14 year old Air Arms S410 FAC Extra isn't, but the later ones were I think.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alantoo View Post
    The Air Arms FAC Extra one is adjustable...S510.

My 14 year old Air Arms S410 FAC Extra isn't, but the later ones were I think.

Alan

Ive got one of the newer Air Arms 510 Extras and it has variable power out put. Handy piece of kit.

daystate air wolf are fantastic but as said not cheap so try find second hand

Air Arms all the way - I would give Daystate a wide berth if I were you - nothing but trouble by all accounts I've heard - even to the point of my local RFD ceasing to supply them.
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Thanks for the replies guys whats the problems with the daystates or are they too many to list lol , can either of them be adjusted in the field tks.

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys whats the problems with the daystates or are they too many to list lol , can either of them be adjusted in the field tks.
    Daystate issues are (anecdotally) magazine feed issues, accuracy and leaking air (seals) - trust me, I would have them otherwise as I'm a serial air gun collector!

AA can be adjusted in the field but you'll need to do some testing first for POI changes - it may also be that you'll need to change pellet to suit the power setting
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

I thought the rapid series were adjustable. Would agree go Air Arms, old daystates were brilliant lots of issues with newer models have heard that several shops now refuse to deal with Daystate. Current prices are beyond belief.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford View Post
    Daystate issues are (anecdotally) magazine feed issues, accuracy and leaking air (seals) - trust me, I would have them otherwise as I'm a serial air gun collector!

AA can be adjusted in the field but you'll need to do some testing first for POI changes - it may also be that you'll need to change pellet to suit the power setting
    My limited experience of three rifles...all around 15 or 16 years old...brother in law's AA S410 carbine 12ft lbs would not hold a charge from new and needed to go back to have its seals sorted....been fine ever since.

My 12ft lb Daystar single shot XLR Extra Light Rifle (just 4lbs lovely little gun) and my FAC extra AA S410 have never put a foot wrong.

Maybe one should start another thread, but has anybody any experience of using an aftermarket regulator in a PCP?

Contrary to the OP's wish to vary the power I would rather have it more consistent. My S410 does about 30 shots to a charge. The first 10 are low, the middle ten spot on, and the third lot of ten shots are slightly high.

Alan