Our Armed Forces

howy308

Just watched an advert on tv advertising for a charity for our service men. I cannot believe in this day and age that the country they are fighting to protect do not give them the full care they deserve. There should be no need for charity, we give money to other countries and help people from war torn countries but still need charities to aid with the rehabilitation of our wounded. I am so proud of our lads and lasses and still have hairs on the back of my neck stand up when watching any parades they take part in. Rant over!

Just watched an advert on tv advertising for a charity for our service men. I cannot believe in this day and age that the country they are fighting to protect do not give them the full care they deserve. There should be no need for charity, we give money to other countries and help people from war torn countries but still need charities to aid with the rehabilitation of our wounded. I am so proud of our lads and lasses and still have hairs on the back of my neck stand up when watching any parades they take part in. Rant over!

I couldn't agree more!
Our government expects all members of our armed forces to answer whatever call they are given without hesitation. - And our soldiers, sailors and airmen always answer that call without ever questioning their orders . In my opinion the members of our armed forces are not shown the respect and care that they deserve from our government - Especially where rehabilitation is concerned!

Not wishing to be inflamatory but it seems that our armed forces are classed very low down the scale?

I saw something the other day concerning the Chlicot fiasco that our soldiers were potentially open to prosecution for crimes committed but "Teflon Tone" wasn't?
Go figure that one?

Couldn't agree more!!! Anytime I meet one in a pub I always say 'thank you' and buy him (or 'her' but not happened yet) a drink. :british: Be proud.

No rant there Howy,just plain facts ! How that B.....d Blair (the smiling assassin) can get away with murder and make millions,whilst our forces do not get support, brings to mind that phrase "I just don't believe it". He should be stripped of all assets and the result given to a forces rehab scheme. Parades and dress Nobody can do it like us. That's a rant.

Stepping aside from the points raised already - keep in mind that certain charities existed to address what the 'powers that be beileved' were non-existant 'issues' - in some cases many many decades before anyone paid real attention. I didnt see the advert, so dont know the charity in this instance.

But in saying the above I have in mind Combat Stress.

Whilst money would be welcome, I suspect the likes of Combat Stress would not welcome government/ mainstream meddling. Their experience shows that often help is best provided and more readily accepted when it is step away from government and not least own looking after own - there's a basis of understanding that cant be fabricated or micro-managed. Ad Unum Omnes!

Stepping aside from the points raised already - keep in mind that certain charities existed to address what the 'powers that be beileved' were non-existant 'issues' - in some cases many many decades before anyone paid real attention. I didnt see the advert, so dont know the charity in this instance.

But in saying the above I have in mind Combat Stress.

Whilst money would be welcome, I suspect the likes of Combat Stress would not welcome government/ mainstream meddling. Their experience shows that often help is best provided and more readily accepted when it is step away from government and not least own looking after own - there's a basis of understanding that cant be fabricated or micro-managed. Ad Unum Omnes!

More like Gratis vobis pro libertate. Than one for all.

If your charities are like ours they often fill unmet needs the Govt does not cover. For example, when we provide extensive physical therapy for a wounded warrior, they are often required to go to a specialized center away from their home. Several of the charities that I donate to will provide money for transportation of family members and perhaps some lodging money. Makes sense to make the service member "socially/family" whole as much as physically whole.

one of those charities I work with brings Wounded Warriors out for a waterfowl hunt, and the only thing they have to provide is transportation there and a license. We provide loaner guns, outfit them in donated camo clothes (usually from a major manufacturer), and we do all the rest (decoys, dogs, calling, etc....).

Back