Thread: Swarovski 3-18 x 50 and optilocks

Swarovski 3-18 x 50 and optilocks

Hi.

I'm having a switch around with my scopes.

I have a Swarovski z6i 3-18 x 50 that I'm moving over to my tikka t3 lite.

I am already using optilocks with 34mm rings at the moment, but as the z6i has a 30mm tube I will need to get some new rings.

My question is, can I go to extra low rings? I like my scope as low as possible.

Annoyingly I had some before I had a swap around a few years ago, but I seem to remember either selling them or I've misplaced!! The scope I had before was a 3-12 x 50 Zeiss duralyt and that had enough clearance, I'm guessing this will also be fine for clearance too.

So does anyone have a tikka t3 the aforementioned scope and extra low rings. I also guess if someone had a sako and the same scope that would also give me a good idea.

Thanks in advance.

If it helps I had a 2.5-15x56 z6 in extra lows on a Finnlight.

That definitely helps mate. If mine is a 50mm I should be fine as yours would've been at least 6mm bigger on OD.

I think the finnlight has a similar profile as the t3 too.

I used extra low on a Sako 75 with same scope as you have .
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Can anyone explain what Sako were thinking when they made their 'extra low' rings high enough for a 56 mm objective lens, given that there are also low, medium and high rings after that? Does anyone actually ever buy medium or high Sako rings? And if so, why?

The rings you need vary depending on the action sizes on the Sako 85, but are not an issue with the Tikka actions.

regards Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Nod-1 View Post
    The rings you need vary depending on the action sizes on the Sako 85, but are not an issue with the Tikka actions.

regards Neil.
    The rings are all identical other than height and colour. It's the bases that vary between type and action.
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    The rings are all identical other than height and colour. It's the bases that vary between type and action.
    MS
    I understand the different bases but the ring sizes do vary, for example I have both XS / S action Sako 85 with the same bases and the same scopes but the S has higher rings to clear the Action.